[Glossika] Post directed at Glossika and/or interested parti

test.

For some reason, this thread is only presenting the first page (Page 1 of 1). But if you click on the Last Post from the Topic Summary page (that tiny little icon below the date and time) you STILL get taken to the second page (Page 2 of 1 :!:slight_smile:

I’ve tried Resync-ing the forum (exactly what does Resync mean?!?) but nothing happens. :frowning:

Well, I know a whole hell of a lot more about it than I would have liked. As long as companies don’t bother me or other freelancers, I’m fine with all of them. Plenty of money for everybody to earn. But if I’m harassed by nameless parties, I think it’s appropriate to have the government step in (since in my particular case, the “nameless parties” would have had to submit a written complaint stating their “evidence” that I was running a business). If the government is content to act on anonymous accusations wtihout evidence (which there most definitely was NOT in my case as I am not and have never run a company in Taiwan!) then I think the government and the person making the false accusation should both be held accountable for their behavior.

If no one ever points stuff like this out to the government, it will continue to happen, and woe to those who have no resources to resist it (particularly foreigers, who seem to be guilty until proven innocent).

Ironlady,
Agreed. Having the appropriate agencies step in is a good thing. And nameless people making accusations that the police follow up on is wrong. BTW, maybe this would fall within Brian Kennedy’s field of expertise?

Brian Kennedy ? Who is that ?

I guess an expert on nameless people ?

Brian Kennedy was involved in Amnesty International’s Taiwan office before they folded. I’m not really clear as to the details. He also does a kind of political critique on ICRT sometimes in the morning. It’s called “Perspectives” or something. Basically, he’s a lawyer that has been here a while.

Chessman, you make it sound like Brian is an expert snitch, even without resorting to bassman’s quote-editing tactics :shock:
Is that what you meant? :?: :!:

Hmm … Thanks for pointing that out! No, that wasn’t quite what I meant! I was talking about the whole threatening-letter-I-might-need-a-lawyer thing. I was mentioning him as a legal expert with expertise in human rights. Sorry for any confusion!

That sucks. I never knew they were here. I don’t think the Taiwanese are really “into” human rights just yet. I think it is coming along, but slowly.

How long ago did they close down ?

Quote:“call me impressed”

Dear Albert, Chessman71, et al,

Public defamation is not something I condone. Albert, I see you continue to hold fast to the claim that Glossika is an unregistered, illegal company. The old "guilty until proven’ innocent approach. I don’t suppose that I’m the only one out there who objects. But I can’t blame people for not speaking out. In fact, it makes me a little nervous myself.

Well, I guess more detailed information is called for. The folks from GLOSSIKA and (affiliates?) “call me impressed”, and all loyal readers of this column; please pay attention to the following:

EVERY legally registered company, representative office or branch office HAS to be registered with the MOEA (Ministry of Economic Affairs). This info is in the public domain and publicly available. This means that every company’s basic info is by law publicly available, and it doesn’t matter a dime whether the comapny is publicly listed or private (talking about a load of BS from the swastika, oops Glossika folks)

Checking whether a company is legally registered in Taiwan (or pending registration is easy; simply go to the MOEA website, and go to the link below:

moea.gov.tw/~doc/ce/cesc1110.html

On this page are two boxes. In the top one (the smaller one) you can type a company’s GUI/tax ID number (normally this number is shown on a company’s namecards). When clicking on enter, the registered information of that companywill pop up.

The second box is for the company’s name. As above, when clicking on enter, that company’s info will show up.

In the case of the GLOSSIKA folks:

The GUI number GLOSSIKA is using is NOT REGISTERED to any company, nor is their name currently registered

Hm, makes one wonder, right? Please do take the test, and type in the GUI number of the company you’re working for, and the basic company of your company should show up.

So I am not impressed at all…GLOSSIKA is an illegal outfit in Taiwan. Since it seems to be run by this half-Shanghainese lady and gentleman from Latvia this outfit blamishes the whole foreign community in Taiwan. Things are at times difficult enough for foreigners in Taiwan, and having an outfit operating on this island which such a utterly blatant and obvious disrespect for the rule of law harms the whole foreign community…

Even though I think it is time for this thread to die, I am curious to know what Glossika’a “Tong Yi Bian Hao” is? IF GLOSSIKA would post them themselves, then I think that would be the end of this “ILLEGAL” thing…

[color=red]18306448[/color] is the number printed on their business cards. That’s all I know.

Hi Terry,

Your information seems to be correct. I do not read Chinese, but their English name cards read Glossika.com, Global Image Solutions as their English name. Our company tried to set up a meeting with Glossika last week Tuesday to discuss how to avoid being accused on public forums such as Segue. It seems a couple of companies have had a visit from the authorities in the last few weeks.

Although we have been in touch with one other company involved, we have not received the courtesy of a reply to our invitation.

We would like dialogue with all parties involved, but so far Glossika has remained incommunicado, which puzzles us a bit.

The mail we send was as follows:

[color=red] Dear James,
Having read and listened to the events of the last few weeks I think this would be a good time to set up a meeting and discuss options. I am aware that there was an incident with our Taiwan subsidiary last year. Miss Charlene Lin has resigned from our Taiwan subsiduary this last spring, but having read through the available information I may not have been fully informed. I have also been given photocopied material addressed to other entities, from which I may have drawn some wrong conclusions.

More to the point is that we had a visit from a number of gentlemen in uniform this morning as well. The foreigners employed full-time here in Taiwan have an ARC, so no problems with them, and they left after a few minutes, but I do not appreciate these visits. We were contacted by the BSA (Business Software Alliance) not so long ago as well, but we have a site licence for Adobe, and are a MS Certified partner, so no issues with that visit either. Now it seems that we are being slandered on a number of forums as well.

I will be returning to Europe soon, and am not scheduled to be in Taipei again untill some time in December, so I would like to set up a meeting with you and see what options we have before I leave Taiwan again.

Please let me know if this coming Tuesday 12 November 2002 at 6pm is a good time for you. [/color]

We would think inter-company communication would be preferable to communicating on a forum. We invite all interested parties to contact us, or to visit us at our office in person. (we’re still located on the 13th floor above Gold’s Gym, corner of Fushing and Hsin-Yi)