Glucosamine

You’ve seen all the adds on TV the last days, and maybe the huge quantities people buy in Costco.
Question is , what went wrong in terms of explaining the limited benefits towards the locals as this product is not supposed being consumed by a 25 Healthy person. Someone, not the media in it’s total, must have been paid a lot making this the new wonderdrug , which it is not…
Poor Taiwan

Marketing, probably falls under a grey area of ‘functional food’ so difficult to regulate. It’s garbage alright, it’s not absorbable through the stomach.

The word ‘famous’ always makes me suspicious.

Some more Spam for an MLM company … great :s

As with many drugs and foods taken orally, only a fraction of the dose is absorbed. This does not mean that the compound is ineffective, only that not all of it is absorbed. The majority of compounds put into the stomach will not be completely absorbed. However, the stuff that is absorbed from a glucosamine tablet is still helping cartilage. Now, most scientists currently say that such a benefit will not be massive, but there is significant anecdotal evidence that it does work to some extent. There is of course also a large placebo effect, which is not a bad thing either, and is a significant factor in many arthritis medicines. Trials are under way but for a small effect you need massive trials over long time scales to determine effectiveness, and there just isn’t the money in glucosamine market for them to be done quickly.

Glucosamine oral bioavailability is estimated by some to be about 20%, which is fairly typical and on par with any other medicines. Others claim much higher absorption, but there is no evidence at all that equivalent amounts of glucosamine in tablet or liquid form are absorbed any differently, despite what the manufacturers of SynFlex claim. I do not believe the company claim that there is a 98% absorption of the liquid form compared to 20% absorption of the tablet form… The gut does not distinguish and cannot distinguish between tablet or liquid forms of the same drug once the pill has been dissolved or the liquid swallowed. Most glucosamine is absorbed in the small intestine, and some in the stomach. so there might be a slightly higher availability (therefore absorption) of the liquid form as it is more readily available in the stomach. Differences between the HCl and the sulphate forms are irrelevant too, as all that the body sees is glucosamine in solution, with the HCl or the sulfate parts floating away from the glucosamine and having zero effect on absorption. There is, however, a difference in taste and in tablet stability of the sulfate compared to the hydrochloride forms.

[quote=“SOLSIS”]hi all,

if you dont mind, actually i would like to introduce a series of health product that is patented and powerful, BUT it has yet to be introduced to the world. I have to admit that this is in the wellness industry. So it’s in pre-launch, look it up at :

LockYourSpot.com/sitloon

tell your friends to register as well. One of the line of products is including weight loss/ weight management by a very famous fitness instructor. This company launches on May 15. So, feel free to introduce to your friends. :discodance:[/quote]
Actually I DO mind. NOBODY likes shite like unsolicted junk mail selling goddamn snake oil. Multilevel Marketing scams are another bit of crap.
“A very famous fitness instructor” BULLSHIT! This rubbish you’re trying to tout has NOTHING to do with Jane Fonda. You’re a cheap liar.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“SOLSIS”]hi all,

if you dont mind, actually I would like to introduce a series of health product that is patented and powerful, BUT it has yet to be introduced to the world. I have to admit that this is in the wellness industry. So it’s in pre-launch, look it up at :

LockYourSpot.com/sitloon

tell your friends to register as well. One of the line of products is including weight loss/ weight management by a very famous fitness instructor. This company launches on May 15. So, feel free to introduce to your friends. :discodance:[/quote]
Actually I do mind. NOBODY likes shite like unsolicted junk mail selling goddamn snake oil. Multilevel Marketing scams are another bit of crap.
“A very famous fitness instructor” BULLSHIT! This rubbish you’re trying to tout has NOTHING to do with Jane Fonda. You’re a cheap liar.[/quote]

Woooo!
No, you’re wrong, sandman. It just made my dick hard for a moment there. :discodance: Thanks.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“SOLSIS”]hi all,

if you dont mind, actually I would like to introduce a series of health product that is patented and powerful, BUT it has yet to be introduced to the world. I have to admit that this is in the wellness industry. So it’s in pre-launch, look it up at :

LockYourSpot.com/sitloon

Actually I do mind. NOBODY likes shite like unsolicted junk mail selling goddamn snake oil. Multilevel Marketing scams are another bit of crap.
“A very famous fitness instructor” BULLSHIT! This rubbish you’re trying to tout has NOTHING to do with Jane Fonda. You’re a cheap liar.[/quote]

Woooo!
No, you’re wrong, sandman. It just made my dick hard for a moment there. :discodance: Thanks.[/quote]
Don’t be silly! It was merely MY mention of Jane Fonda that gave you your boner.

Back to the glucosamine, though, before we were so rudely interrupted by the damn spammer.

We nursed a dog back to health a couple of years ago. A giant breed – I think it was a Caucasian sheepdog – which had immune system issues, malnutrition, skin disease and as is common among the giant breeds, joint problems.
We put him on glucosamine and the results were nothing short of amazing. He went from being completely unable to walk to being able to actually trot quite happily. Of course, it could just have been due to a decent diet and a bit of care and attention, but I feel it in my waters that the glucosamine was also a help.
Damn, I miss Seamus. I need to go visit him again.

Urodacus, Sandman, thanks both for your contribution.:thumbsup:

1. If my wife was a dog and 55 YO, I would give here Gluco for sure. She would’nt know about point 2
  2. The placebo effect Urodacus mentionned is for sure the steering factor in this Taiwanese Histery.
  3. Now that MoMo and other shoping channels are “promoting” the Glucosamine , things can’t go worse anymore. As tradition says, the “other” products (making the uplift of 50% benefit) with names no old tai-tai never heard of will pop-up

But, let’s see what it can do on a long term. If it does not harm, it’s nt bad no?
It took a few hundred years for Westerners to understand and accept Green Tea also (thus it was solely “rejected” because the British could not mix it with milk :laughing: ) despite anti-oxidation effects etc…

I eat my shrimps whole. Same stuff, right?

I’ve paid for it anyway, its a lot less trouble than peeling them, and its crunchy. Placebo nemo