Go? See? Do? Europe?

So have I. Back in 97 it was only 15 quid a night.

I’ve stayed in dumps, Taiwan mostly, for three times that.

Hmm, lousy English weather, bland food and warm beer. Not for me!

When you get to Italy, you could also visit San Remo, which a cool Italian Riviera town and pop across to Corsica, which is indescribably beautiful.

Not fair Sandman. It’s Friday afternoon in Taipei. Not fair, I say.

I know, this time of day we should be sipping beer in a place like this, non? With maybe a nice bit o’ cheese…

No, it really isn’t fair!!!

Corsica is our “family island”, my uncle regularly organizes hiking tours and has written three hiking guides on Corsica. I’ve been there four times up to now, and I loved every single moment.

However, lucky me, I’ll pop over to Gomera four weeks from now, for a one-week holiday.

So, Fredericka, any decision yet where you’ll go in Europe?

Iris

wolfcalls.com/cuba/h-vieja5.jpg

Or hanging out with these guys in Old Havana. Oh, how I’d love to go back, but taking the wife with, and she won’t aloow me to go alone, is like taking…

Heh Heh! Look at the shot of the hills around Calvi, Iris. Can’t you almost smell the maqis on the warm breeze? God, I love Corsica!

While not exactly Corsica, all this talk of the Med is making me nostalgic for Durrell’s childhood on Corfu. And I wasn’t even there.

What do they mean by ensuite? Is that a room with a private bath?
I’m reversing the trip. Flying into Rome first and out of Amsterdam. I think I need to get to Italy ASAP.
Oh, and I’m thinking of renting a car. I love having my own wheels when I travel, and being able to explore places off the beaten track. Looks like reasonable deals per week to drive a clunker to Amsterdam from Rome. Any advise on which way you’d go to get to Amsterdam from Italy?

Er… north would be pretty good. :wink:

Fredericka Bimmel…if you can hold off until August, it sounds like we have the same ideas in mind. I am travelling through the Netherlands, Germany, and France for the first half of August before coming back to Taipei…if you can’t it’s a nice thought.

Imaniou,
I’m getting the deal because I need to travel before July 15th.
But, I’ll be in Netherlands by end of July early August. My flight out is confirmed Aug 4 from Amsterdam. Will you be around there then?
It looks like the prices for accomodation is even higher there than Italy. Would prefer to share room and smoke up with the remainder of my $. If there is any left!

Sandy, you schmuck!
I mean where to stop along the way…:wink:

Ooh! Ooh! So will I! So will I! Will our phones work over there? I’ll give you a bell and see. We’ll be passing through around the 1st or 2nd. It’ll be especially good, as you’ll be ending your trip while mine’ll be just beginning, so I’ll have the opportunity to gloat. :wink:

That is so cool that ya’ll will be there then!! To see me off!!!

When are you arriving?
My hotmail address is
taipei_alien@hotmail.com

I will bring both my cell phones. You have my number? I have a tri band and a dual band phone, so we’ll see which works.

I’ll probably need a shoulder or two to cry on as I leave to return to this shit hole. I’m psyched! My first time in Europe!!!
SARS has come to something good afterall…
x

My cell phone usually works in Germany, I’ve got a (Mainland) Chinese Nokia.

Did I mention that I’ll be in Germany from July 19 to Aug 1???

F.B.: Looks like you’ve finally outed yourself. :wink: I’ve been suspecting it for while, though.

Iris

Yeah, well many have figured it out from the get go, Iris.:wink:
Germany? What part? Say Berlin.
Saw Poagao today and he said you and Tuesday doing well.

I have one number for you – the one I called you on the other day. But I have no idea if I have tri band or any of that stuff – I can barely work the address book! :blush:

We haven’t booked yet, but I should imagine we’ll arrive at Schipol on the 2nd. If we have time, it would be so cool to hook up. Jojo knows an excellent brown (doper) cafe she wants to take me to (of course being her choice, it features friendly cats) and I’d also love to visit the bar Tigerman went to.
We’ll see what happens.

WAHAHAHAHAHA! Just saw the Rev. Steve on TV advertising TVs – dressed as a man! :shock: :laughing:

Fredericka: I’ll definitely spend part of the time close to Berlin because my bf lives about 90 min south. The rest of the time, I’ll be closer to Heidelberg which you definitely shouldn’t miss if you go to Germany. That’s where my parents live.

Tuesday is doing great :slight_smile: She’s the perfect cat :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Iris