Go to Australia for the food!

Well I must back up all the claims, yeah yeah yeah it cheapto eat decent food in OZ.

but yeah yeah yeah there is a lot of shit aswell, lets no loo at oz in shining culinary silver carvers hey?

As for pies thank god in the last 10 years us ozzies started to appreciate good food that was purchased outside the home, pies at home were always great… but for the life of me never eat the Melbourne icon “four n twenty” those pies rnt fit for a pidgeon, real damn shite. They should have their pie licence revoked for such a shit pie.

As for the other food which is great, enjoy it … well’ cheap too.

IF any on you good folk are in Melbourne check out a restaurant called ying thai… very very yum

All the best

moogercake

Used to live at Runaway Bay (love that address) on the Gold Coast. I always watched for the pubs that served a “Roast of the Day”. Good lunch/dinner and a pint. Damn I miss that! A mate and I used to drive to Kannungra about 1/2 hour toward (through) Tambourine Mountain. The only hotel in town was a landmark with an awesome pub. Of course they always had the roast of the day and a bar full of local “good 'ol boys” watching the horse races and slugging down pints. Damn great way to spend an afternoon and evening. Then, carefully back to Runaway dodging roos for fear of “Carnage Day” at Tambourine. Aw! The memories!

canungra is a beautiful part of the world. we used to drive the inland route from brisbane to canungra, stopping at roadside farmers huts for cheap local fare then up to o’reillys for a hike, then down to the canungra pub for a feed and bed. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks for the pic. It has changed a bit. It looks like they have built on and covered the parking area and bottle shop that was on the side nearest the door. Still, what a great place! . . and the food. Oh Ya!

Oh! Pies are good, but don’t forget that infamous mystery chew and spew, the Chiko roll.

HG