Gobekli Tepi and other record-breaking ancient homo sapiens stuff

Wow- seems authenticated

Scientific report

3 Likes
1 Like

If verified, this really pushes the origins back, from 11-13.000 years ago, to an estimated 21-23, 000 years.
BTW, is there a thread on ancient stuff all this could go into?

It’s been pretty much accepted that there were waves of people before the Clovis. Puts First Peoples into perspective.

1 Like

I have another one on the ancestors, but since these are homo-sapiens it wouldn’t fit. Here, let me rename this one…

Depending on who you ask, 130000 years ago, for example:

In Canada it has become very fashionable to begin events by reminding everyone that we are on unceded [insert First Nations group here] territory, when I asked once how we knew that were the first ones on the land (because it seemed unlikely) the question was not received very well…

2 Likes

Sorry- couldn’t remember the name of the thread.

It could be true, but it probably isn’t:

1 Like

Ah, well…OTOH, everybody thought Luis Alvarez was crazy when he came up with “asteroid impact killed the dinosaurs.”
On the third hand (shout-out to The Mote in God’s Eye) :
“They laughed at Galileo…but not everybody who gets laughed at is Galileo”.
So, probably not- but maybe.

1 Like
3 Likes

Second half of this belongs in the ancestors thread, but whatever

The fossil record is very poor. We have about 8 pieces of a 3 million piece jigsaw, and we have decided we know what the picture is.

1 Like

Nobody intelligent has, but interested parties and trying to put the puzzle together with the pieces we can find

I guess you’re a Graham Hancock fan?

1 Like

Is he the ancient civilisations guy on Netflix?

Yes

I haven’t watched the series yet but I get the drift. Stuff is older than we say it is. People were more advanced than we say they were. Makes sense. Humans can’t see too far past the ends of their noses.

I’ve got a diplodocus in my back garden. Don’t tell anyone.

2 Likes

Is he on Netflix?.. Are there any flat-earthers there by the way? I have unsubscribed from this rubbish bin long time ago.

Yeah, new series. Same as his old stuff but higher production value. I just watched the first one

I think they’re busy with covid these days

Netflix?

1 Like

Cool

2 Likes

"Intellectually, they were hardly any different from us today.”

This is the key point. We haven’t evolved that much, only technology has.

5 Likes