Goddamn cable assholes!

:!: :imp: Woke up this morning to find that once again, the fuckers at the cable company have rearranged the channels, putting CNN at 106. :imp: My cable box only goes to 99 and skips from about 78 to 95 or something. Why should I be penalized for having an older TV? :imp: Those fucking assholes at the cable company should buy me a new box. :imp:
In fact, I don’t even know where to look to buy a cable box.
I HATE THESE PEOPLE!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

It could be a blessing in disguise, Wolf. Afterall, watching too much TV is bad for you. Everyone knows that. Read a book instead. :wink:

CNN is biased but it is the only source for English-language news on TV.
Why the fuck do these jerkoffs do this every year? :imp:

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]CNN is biased but it is the only source for English-language news on TV.
Why the fuck do these jerkoffs do this every year? :imp:[/quote]

To piss you off and because the neighbours were complaining about your wanking every time Kristie Lou Stout was on the air :laughing:

Every year the gansters that run the cable company try to get more money by putting the stations that pay a little something “extra” in the best spots. CNN doesn’t play that game. That’s why they got cut off for almost a whole year a while back. We need more options so they can’t get away with it.

I don’t have proof. It’s just my observation. I hope I don’t get my kneecaps smashed.

[quote=“Richardm”]Every year the gansters that run the cable company try to get more money by putting the stations that pay a little something “extra” in the best spots. CNN doesn’t play that game. That’s why they got cut off for almost a whole year a while back. We need more options so they can’t get away with it.

I don’t have proof. It’s just my observation. I hope I don’t get my kneecaps smashed.[/quote]

You just need to take a look at all of those annoying illegal commercials they have here to know that’s how they work … those piss me off sooooooooo much … and you’d think that the companies that actually paid for that time would be fuming about it and sue the pants off of them …

A Happy New Year gift from cable company.

My CNN channel is at 94 now, instead of 100!
My another English only channel STAR TV at 103 disappears, and I choose this company because of it. sigh

…and I thought I was the only one who did that. Isn’t she just the best though? I give her ten tummy wipes out of ten.

Right on Wolf. It forced me into buying a new TV some time back.

One thing I’ve also noticed about these cable companies is that they won’t cut you off until you go to their office and sign off, even if your initial contract period has expired.

Haven’t had cable for 3 years for very similar reasons to this. Don’t miss it in the least and with the web I am far better informed.

What am I going to do without Star World on Tuesday nights? Is there a Monk support group out there? Is Monk popular enough to appear on kazaa? If I watch TVBS enough, will they get rid of that too?
:imp:

I want my bloody Star World back!

For more info on why cable is so screwed up plaese check the new article in Amcham’s Topics magazine at:

amcham.com.tw/topics.php?id=396

CYA
Okami

Same here. CNN goes to 94 and Star World vanishes into the mist. I went through my DVR’s program settings and had something like thirteen shows we tape, all useless now as they were all Star World. I’m really going to miss Monk.

Last time this happened it was because the cable company didn’t want to pay the Star World fees and were using the drop of the service as a negotiating tactic which backfired on them.

I really hope we get it back . . . does anyone else still have Star World? Which company is your server’s backbone? We may want to switch servers again.

Sorry no pitty for you folks who used to have star world !!! Trust me, life without star SUCKS… you end up watching the same HBO movie 7 times a month. We have been without it for so long… survive by watching HALLMARK of all things, who has been teasing us with adverts for 24… and it had sesame street for the little sharks… but alas, it is gone. Apparently the xizhi gangsters aren’t getting any $$ from the family channel…

these cable companies seem to be semi regulated if they are regulated at all. They change channels and stick ads in here and there, but since nobody complains then they continue to do it.

However you don’t see them doing this on an EMC channel or other local channels here in Taiwan, and only see it on the imported channels, CNN, Discovery, National Geographic.

Also they will cut some channels especially those like STAR World, change the rugby games to Chinese commentary, even thought they should be providing the dual language option, cause again who is going to complain, and if you do what are you going to do cut your subscription?

I am even unsure if they even pay for the content of CNN, Discovery etc and not just broadcast it illegally

There is a ridiculous number of cable companies here in Taiwan, allot of them are mom and pop shops, hence sometimes the Mickey mouse way things happen i.e volume changing over channels, ads cutting in, channels disappearing

They are trying to make this island go digital. But with no drive from the government to subsidize the digital switchover, this is a difficult task. Besides most Taiwanese will not fork out the money. Why would they? They have got there 20 news channels, soap operas already. What does digital TV offer them beyond what they have got.
What digital TV will do is put all these mom and pop cable companies out of business, and no doubt many of these mom and pop shops have the ‘guan xi’ going in the Government Information Office ( these being the guys who regulate and control cable TV), hence this half assed method and service for cable in Taiwan that is accepted, will keep going

[quote=“meiguolangren”]

I really hope we get it back . . . does anyone else still have Star World? Which company is your server’s backbone? We may want to switch servers again.[/quote]

it depends on the network and who controls it. Different cable companies provide different coverage. It is probabily zoned in some dodgy fashion.
If they switch off STAR WORLD at their head end, then unless they share the network with some other company that provides STAR WORLD, you can’t get it

I also believe that they do channel selection on an annual basis. Since Star World is local in Taiwan also and have a couple of channels available, I think that these local cable companies actually pay for STAR WORLD content ( else STAR WORLD Asia in HK would sue them). I have no idea of the amount they pay per month or annually. But since the viewership of this channel is low ( foreigners), switching it off saves money and will not cause a barrage of complaints

Even CNN is a bitg flaky in southern taoyuan. We only have 1 operator, and they replace cnn with a stock screen for some of the time.

Star world? haha.

EVERYONE! Call your cable operator (what, there are only two, right?) and complain (in Chinese). People with connections (Hartzell, Kennedy, etal) contact legislators and city councilmen. Get it visible.
Here is the email for the Taipei City Government: director@dopw.tcg.gov.tw
Cable is not exactly their department, perhaps, but they understand English, and reply in Chinese. Write them, they will reply eventually.

I don’t really mind the channel changes, but the operators clearly know that not everyone has the TV to pick up all these channels. They KNOW that putting CNN in the 100s fucks many people over.
Last time this happened, the lady at the cable company (Yangmingshan) told me to buy a new TV as a solution. Amazingly, they ended up putting CNN back to where it was, perhaps on the strength of all the angry callers like me.
:imp: [color=red]
RAG THEIR ASSES!
[/color]:evil:
By the way, what is this shit we always here from Mayor Ma about making Taipei an international-class city? Bollocks!

CUNTS! CNN is now on channel 94 and Star World has disappeared from 103. Sometime last year it was on 85 now that is just snow. Shitheads, all. No Simpsons, No Cheers, no no no nooooooooooooo!

To put it short, they (cable channels) deliver a lousy service and are a bunch of thieves (stealing commercial airtime). I realy don’t know how they can get away with this.

My Hallmark is gone.

The only thing they have here is 56 childish nonsense shows channels, 8 stock plugging channels, 12 24-hour irrelevant-news channels, and no-one buys anything TV-shopping channels etc.

On channel 55 they always change the programming. The moment you think you could see something like back home, it’s gone before you know.

I used to watch Friends than they kicked it and Ally Mc Beal came, Ally went and Dharma came, Dharma gone after three weeks. What’s up with these people.

About the operators, not everyone lives in Taipei, you got a lot of them outside Taipei.

And for us out here it’s (TV) one of the few connections with the world.