Gogoro 2

How about going up hills? That’s usually the downfall of electric drivetrains.

Congrats on the purchase. How are things as far as theft prevention is concerned? I heard that the Gogoro has some built-in mechanisms in place for that (gps tracking or something). Is that true?

Sorry I haven’t been keeping up on any related threads, in case this has already been discussed.

I was keeping it on the down low. I hope to get some YT vids up, I’ve found one guy sharing info about his 1 series, but no English stuff about a 2 series…yet.

I almost thought you were talking about my bicycle. In my head, I was thinking, well I use my legs for that? Then I realized I’m an idiot. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

79,800NT (I think that’s the retail price) - 4,000NT (for trading in a 2-stroke) - 13,000NT (for 戶口 in Taipei City)

62,800NT

The gf says it’s super comfortable in the back. She’s got plenty of room to move her butt around and she now has those pegs to put her feet onto (old scooter didn’t).

I’m no Speed Racer, but I think it handles just fine with an extra 40-50kg on there.

Her two issues are:

• That the seat is completely level. Whereas most gas scooters have somewhat of an arc-ed seat. If she’s not holding on to me and there’s any kind of acceleration, there’s a very very high chance she’ll fly off her seat.
  • The rear handlebar is way too low for her to grab onto. To prevent the above from happening.

I’m looking into things like a rear rest or something because sometimes she’s my navigation and needs both hands to operate her phone. I prefer her not to disappear from behind me.

I haven’t had a proper test of it going up (and down) hills. The weekend that I picked up the scoot…it rained. I took it slowly up Jian Nan Road by Miramar. I wasn’t punching it, but the range of my batteries dropped a good 10km-ish when the climb itself is no more than 3-5km.

I have seen ONE report about a second gen being stolen, but it was later revealed that the dude forgot to turn it off. If you bought the higher end model (Gogoro 2+), there’s no keyhole and you unlock via Bluetooth with your phone or the wireless key.

Biggest form of theft for Gogoros are their accessories. Since the scooter is still somewhat new to the scene, some after market parts have not been made and many of the accessories can only be bought from Gogoro.

3 Likes

Congrats on the super-light girlfriend man.

He obviously went for the 2+ model.

I actually have zero clues as to how much she weighs. I was just ball parking it. It’s been a pretty well kept secret for a long time.

I hear ya man, I hear ya. Just be thankful the model you got doesn’t have a scale function.

:howyoudoin:

I know, I know. I’m super immature…

I’m so glad I can’t read your minds right now. I do not want to know the images going through them.

Nonetheless, we’re all bros, so here’s one to add:

2 Likes

Ranlee doesn’t know anything about going up hills, so he’s probably not the best person to ask about that.

looks soooo sick in black. i want to get one! i think its not possible to get a license without an ARC though.

“Your second passenger gained weight from yesterday, I advice a visit to a dietologist. Unless it’s a different person, of course. Have a good day!”

Instant #1 cause for divorces

This picture definitely doesn’t make me buy a Gogoro.

what bike?

I’m curious, what do you guys think about the production, usage and salvation of Gogoro/electric scooters vs traditional scooters?

I’ve shared my experience with the Gogoro 2 on a big motorcycle FB group and got some backlash from those stating that, the harm that electric vehicles and their batteries like the Gogoro do more harm than good in the long run. They argue that at least a fuel engine will last longer and create no battery waste like the Gogoros.

I’m convinced that the haters aren’t wrong, but I don’t think there’s a win win for either electric or fuel scooters. If you bring it down to category like:

• production, both items probably produce similar amounts of pollution
  • usage/emissions, Gogoro wins 10/10 with 0% carbon emission
  • salvation, seems like a fuel engine may last longer than a Gogoro battery, BUT the fuel engine will continue to pollute the air for longer amounts of time

What are your guys thoughts on this?

1 Like

The electricity is generated at some point. To truly answer this, you would need to know the source production. Taiwan in general is still about 40% coal.

The battery is not the concern of the user when riding a Gogoro.
Batteries can be recycled with minimum waste left behind.

The ideal solution would be a solar powered mini-jet reactor that sucks in the air in front of the motorbike and pushes it back creating motion. Until we get to that point, electric vehicles are clearly the best solution for the environment.

Electric cars/motorbikes/anything for a country like Taiwan are even more important because they reduce the need for importing oil.

As of now, my only complaint about GoGoRo is the lack of stations in my area. I consider the battery waste argument to be a moot point; I don’t see how a broken/drained/whatever batter every X years is worse than non stop chemicals polluting the area.

1 Like

Not really. When you think about the polution of all the components of a traditional engine -which are about 200 to 2000- plus the gas emissions, then it adds up. An electric vehicle’s components are less, last more, and can be made of modern, environment friendly materials. They just don’t pollute as much by themselves.

We have to get use dto the idea of a world without gasoline/diesel/coal and the tidal effect these changes will have, just as there was that huge step going from horse and buggy to engine powered transportation. It has ripple effects down teh line, not just that the batteries this or the electricity comes from what. Think about the changing the oils, the chemicals involved, the discarding of parts, etc. All the stuff an electric does not need, have or will pollute with.

Hence, it is not just actual emissions, overall considerations will generate even worse backlash as the changes hit. Smart driving is the next step, and by that I mean AI.

1 Like