Gogoro Eeyo 1 electric bike

I like the design, can’t wait to test it.

5 Likes

Testing it may be all I can do. It costs 4000 Dollars. People get cars cheaper than this.

Looks amazing though. I think this is more of a prestige product.

2 Likes

Yes the price is very high, hopefully we will see cheaper bikes from Gogoro in the near future.

Top speed of 19 mph? That’s a joke.

1 Like

How much is that in real units?

35? I go faster than that when I’m out sprinting buses on a road bike. Also I wonder about the torque? I’d hope it is high.

According to the Gogoro team, the Smartwheel is also more efficient than most e-bikes that use a trustworthy but off-the-shelf Bosch system in-between the pedals. “Most mid-drive systems are somewhere around 50nm (of torque),” a company spokesperson explained. “If we measure ours in force, at the motor, we’re equivalent to 50nm, even though we’re only a 20nm motor.”

1 Like

I couldn’t cycle that in most cities, it would get nicked, even though it looks great.

There must be cheaper alternatives! What has Giant put out these days in the 20,000 NT range?

Giant has nothing sexy in the 20k range. Up in the 70k range is where you find the assistive power road bikes.

2 Likes

There is always this one which is being pushed down my throat every time I go on You Tube https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-babymaker-stealth-road-ebike-with-belt-drive#/, if you are a fan of the fund me type of deal, which I am certainly not. Price is good but I suspect the bike may not be.

I won’t name any names, but people buy regular bikes that are more expensive than this. Crazy people, ikr.

2 Likes

I saw it at the 101 today. It’s really nice and designed beautifully. Did they hire some foreigners to design it or what?

I would buy one and bring it to the UK…but it would get stolen in a day. Can’t have nice things there :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Don’t underestimate the Taiwanese talent for design!

Very cool, in most countries it won’t last the afternoon though.
Even in Taiwan …unless it’s part of a sharing scheme where it’s locked into a network somehow.

1 Like

I saw one yesterday on He Ping East and man, it’s a beauty. I still can’t wrap my head around spending that much on an electric bike though. At the same time, people probably thinking I’m crazy to spend that much on just a portion of a bike :smile:

2 Likes

A video about the Gogoro Eeyo 1 at 101

The price list is as follows:
NT$ 119,980⁣ (Model Eeyo 1 )
NT$ 139,980⁣ (Model Eeyo 1s)
NT$ 168,101 (Model Eeyo 1s 101)

3 Likes

Man it’s going to be the Tesla of bikes lol.
Would love to get one but would need to watch it like a hawk, even in Taiwan .

3 Likes

GPS built in? But many there’s something people can do to disable it right away. It’s really sad people can’t have nice things anymore. I heard it’s getting worse in UK where the police are telling people don’t walk around with expensive stuff.

I would love to try it. They should try to move into the European market in the north where they ride bikes around. I’m really surprised Taiwan could design something so beautiful and sleek.