Gogoro electric scooter

Doesn’t alter the fact that that’s f’ing mental. Any company that recognizes that nobody should be spending two hours of their life in a metal box every day, and chooses not to enable or engage with the concept, gets my vote.

Still not gonna buy a gogoro though.

Doesn’t alter the fact that that’s f’ing mental. Any company that recognizes that nobody should be spending two hours of their life in a metal box every day, and chooses not to enable or engage with the concept, gets my vote.

Still not gonna buy a gogoro though.[/quote]

Jamming up roads twice a day to get to-and-from work is one of the dumbest inventions of several recent milleniums. It started to happen during the 20th Century, along with The Great War, World War II, and a series of wars that we had to have to continue the military industrial complex.

We have computers and robots now, so why the traffic jams?

Exactly. What’s “comical” is that we completely accept this madness as normal, and even fight for its continued existence. The reason computers and robots don’t operate the transport system is because people don’t want them to. They want to retain their right to die pointlessly in the ER.

The bosses want to keep an eye on the workers,but also working with colleagues on a regular basis is also good for communication. I don’t agree that everybody should start and finish work at the same time or go to the office everyday!
It is ludicrous the amount of time wasted and environmental damage caused!
But a lot of folks want the big house and the garden so they will put up with the commute in western countries.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]The bosses want to keep an eye on the workers,but also working with colleagues on a regular basis is also good for communication. I don’t agree that everybody should start and finish work at the same time or go to the office everyday!
It is ludicrous the amount of time wasted and environmental damage caused!
But a lot of folks want the big house and the garden so they will put up with the commute in western countries.[/quote]

Commuting will make you more miserable than any house will make you happy

Agreed. I love my 1km walk to work.

Even in these temperatures?

Even in these temperatures?[/quote]
It takes 20 minutes. We aren’t talking about a 2-3 hour walk.

Even in these temperatures?[/quote]
It takes 20 minutes. We aren’t talking about a 2-3 hour walk.[/quote]

If I walk the 15 minutes it takes to go to my office, I’m fully wet when I arrive. So it’s a nope for me.

[quote=“Kawa”][quote=“Abacus”]
It takes 20 minutes. We aren’t talking about a 2-3 hour walk.[/quote]

If I walk the 15 minutes it takes to go to my office, I’m fully wet when I arrive. So it’s a nope for me.[/quote]

If I ride my motorcycle for 20-30 minutes I am also very sweaty. Obviously the walk is shorter but the heat bothers me less than most people. The thing that I can’t believe about this 70km commute is that it is really hot riding a scooter around in this traffic in the city. I go for long rides on the weekends and I am completely soaked in sweat by the time I start hiking. Riding that much in the city sounds miserable during the summer or during rain or during the winter.

Exactly, the weather here isn’t actually that conducive to riding a scooter, you have to deal with quite intense heat, strong UV and then rain and cold in Winter. In particular for women…make-up and hair and pollution and sun…
Then people laugh at something like the iRoad even though it’s something that is actually a lot more suitable for Taiwan.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Exactly, the weather here isn’t actually that conducive to riding a scooter, you have to deal with quite intense heat, strong UV and then rain and cold in Winter. In particular for women…make-up and hair and pollution and sun…
Then people laugh at something like the iRoad even though it’s something that is actually a lot more suitable for Taiwan.[/quote]
Are you sure you know what you’re talking about there? Taiwan has one of the best climates for year-round riding. Try living in Northern Europe, Russia, or Canada. Then, you might actually have a point. Don’t let your anti-scooter bias cloud out the obvious.

Interesting, I feel actually good riding scooter in this weather (I drive quite fast I admit). I may only sweat a little if I’m stuck at a 90 seconds red light with no shade at noon.

[quote=“SlowRain”][quote=“headhonchoII”]Exactly, the weather here isn’t actually that conducive to riding a scooter, you have to deal with quite intense heat, strong UV and then rain and cold in Winter. In particular for women…make-up and hair and pollution and sun…
Then people laugh at something like the iRoad even though it’s something that is actually a lot more suitable for Taiwan.[/quote]
Are you sure you know what you’re talking about there? Taiwan has one of the best climates for year-round riding. Try living in Northern Europe, Russia, or Canada. Then, you might actually have a point. Don’t let your anti-scooter bias cloud out the obvious.[/quote]

I think that Taiwan is too rainy for riding a scooter or motorcycle. When I still lived in Barcelona, I remember in 2011 it only rained three times during the day in a year (most of the rain was at night). Now that’s a riding-friendly climate.

How can you not appreciate Taiwan’s glorious scooter raincoat industry? :laughing:

Looks like they are coming out with a cheaper version, Lite for NT88,000.

Non-metallic paint and I think slower acceleration/top speed.

http://chinese.engadget.com/2015/10/01/gogoro-lite/

[quote=“Robotea”]Looks like they are coming out with a cheaper version, Lite for NT88,000.

Non-metallic paint and I think slower acceleration/top speed.

http://chinese.engadget.com/2015/10/01/gogoro-lite/[/quote]

Lite is NT62,000. They’ve lowered the Plus to NT88,000.

http://miula.tw/miula-%E8%AB%87%E8%A1%8C%E9%8A%B7%E8%88%87%E5%85%AC%E9%97%9C/%E7%B5%A6-gogoro-%E4%B8%80%E5%80%8B%E6%8E%8C%E8%81%B2%EF%BC%8C%E5%8B%87%E6%96%BC%E8%AA%8D%E9%8C%AF%E6%98%AF%E6%88%90%E5%8A%9F%E7%9A%84%E7%AC%AC%E4%B8%80%E6%AD%A5/

They’ve followed the market requirements, segmenting well, if I could use a scooter regularly I would be very interested in purchasing one of these scoots. There is hope for gogoro yet and the gogoro lite is still a nice machine.

I feel sorry fort those who paid the absurd price of NT138,000 not long ago…

This is what it should have been when they launched. Hopefully they didn’t lose any customers over this because the product is still a good one although I am not sure if it will save many any money. The 899/mo battery swap plan is not cheap for those that aren’t going long distances every week.