Gogoro electric scooter

Looks like Kymco isn’t joining the Powered by Gogoro Network. :rage:

That’ll just make it harder to cover the whole country, if Kymco riders can’t swap batteries at Gogoro stations.

1 Like

Gogoro has introduced some of the features of the new VIVA MIX on the Gogoro 2 and 3, such as FLO drive (carbon belt drive). Here’s some news coverage of this in Chinese (can’t find any in English yet). You can see some of the new features described in English on the intro pages for the scooters though.

5 Likes

I saw a Gogoro lookalike today and got closer to check.
It seems it’s a different brand, named “Future Mobility”, but still uses Gogoro system.
Have anyone seen these around our know anything about this brand?

1 Like

This one right ?

2 Likes

Yep, this one!
Look much better than the recent versions of Gogoro…

1 Like

I won’t lie, Yamaha and Ai Motors version of the scooter do look much better.

I wonder what the ride quality of those scooters are like. I have to assume that it’s relatively the same chassis since they use all the same batteries.

It depends what you like. I think Gogoros scooters are more unique looking actually. They grow on you after a while. The Yamaha’s look pretty slick.

1 Like

That’s huge for Gogoro. Good for them.

I felt like they were doing ok domestically after partnering up with Aeon and Yamaha, but it seems like there’s not many of those vehicles on the road. Still seeing mostly GGRs.

I think it’s good overall since a unified infrastructure will really make things take off worldwide. This is a step in that direction.

Some news reports about the Gogoro partnership with China

2 Likes

I don’t think it matters, as long as they use the Powered by Google Network, you’re strengthening Gogoro because it wants to be primarily a platform.

Kymco for some reason doesn’t use it.

Pulled the trigger on the new 3 Premium! Super excited to get it, but they said it could take 2 months. Anyone know if these lead times are accurate or do they tend to overestimate?

3 Likes

The estimate they gave me was correct. It’s possible they are having production delays due to part shortages, same as car manufacturers.

2 Likes

It could be because of the lack of raw materials from suppliers due to the pandemic. When I bought my 2+ when it was initially released, it was a 3 month wait time. They gave me an exact date of when I could pick up and no delays, but it was a long ass wait.

1 Like

You’re definitely right on the raw materials issue. They even said that we should come in and pay within a few days, as the price is going to increase by 3-5k. Thank you for the datapoint! I’ll just try to forget about it for a bit.

Interesting suspension kit upgrade

Definitely fashion over function! Spend a fortune on fancy colored parts but run a bald tire…Appears to be running with little or no preload on the shock also!

The chicken strips on that tire indicate they don’t need any of those “upgrades” anyway

2 Likes

Has anyone that isn’t Taiwanese or married to one been able to do a payment plan?