Going back to Taiwan during Covid with my husband

How about the anti-asian sentiment I’ve read about in the news? Is it as bad as it is mentioned in the news? People being attacked for being asian? I’m concerned for the safety of my family members.

1 Like

We just wanna go back there because of friends and family.

1. I’m really proud of Taiwan
  2. I honestly didn’t know about that.
1 Like

Ya, i, gonna call them tmr.

Not heard of much of that here
But then the Bay Area is heavily Asian

1 Like

To OP: If you can read and write Chinese, you will get more help asking in this Facebook group, as many have gone through the process:

3 Likes

Well, I understand you can get the covid test free. Best to check with TECRO about the marriage certificate authentication procedures.

Life in where i live is pretty much the same like what you said too, it’s actually not as bad as people or news said, wear mask, keep distance, wash hands and that’s pretty much all but the home sick is real. :rofl:

1 Like

This could be helpful, thank you !!!

your husband should apply for a visa. Then, he applies for ARC in Taiwan.

Marriage certificate is authenticated by TECO in the region where the certificate was issued. If it was abroad, TECO in the country.

Health check at any public hospital may be accepted, but you may contact to TECO in your region.

4 Likes

Right…I agree…except that

I would go back to Taiwan if I could because of this very reason. Inside of Taiwan, the Covid thing isn’t really a thing. I want my kids to be able to go to school and play with other kids. I want to hang out with friends. Go watch live music. etc.

Alas, due to health issues of a family member, we are waiting out covid here in the US to be close by.

1 Like

No doubt it’s better in Taiwan because COVID is kept
At bay

I’m just saying that if you can’t go live in Taiwan if that’s not an option it’s still fairly ok here at least In the Bay Area for the majority

1 Like

Lot of truth
People avoid each other on walks

No toilets anywhere

SF has an ordinance if you are not from the Bay Area you must self quarantine for two weeks
And if you are and go outside the Bay Area you must do the same when you return or it’s a misdemeanor

1 Like

I love Taiwan~~

2 Likes

Love Taiwan!~ :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Restaurants are in deep shit

Seems like a cool channel.

2 Likes

At least Teleferic in Walnut Creek is still alive because outdoor (reduced) dining is back
So this restaurant has a third of its tables available
The ones on the patio

20 pct gratuities added automatically
75 bucks of Tommy money may help last night for valentine

For two sangrias and two tiny whore durves and two tiny deserts ( we ate before going so we don’t break the bank)

You have to order some food to legally go to a bar currently

Her excellency the generalissima had her hair done on recent home visit to Indonesia while yours truly has a do it yourself
Covid buzz special since our salons are closed

8 Likes

lol

4 Likes

Did you order a double Carcross?

1 Like
  1. Teco
  2. Major hospital, notary public, Teco
  3. Notary public, Teco.