Going Home for Chinese New Year. Possible or Not?

Let me be clear, that was not me.

I like to give it the double barrels !!

1 Like

Unfortunately my local MP in Canada or any MP do not have the final word on that.
But somehow I think we should be more lenient with countries like Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia, Turkmenistan, Thailand, and others that have extremely low numbers of cases or 0 growth in cases and deaths in long time intervals.
If Taiwan has such an extremely low number of ongoing cases at 20+ with 475 recovered, and if these people with COVID-19 are locked in quarantine, there is no reason to stop people from leaving Taiwan.

In Taiwan our focus is to keep infections at zero. The influx of so many people coming back at the same time is a threat to that

1 Like

The spike in COVID-19 cases in Taiwan from 2 months ago, has shown that. Several of these new cases may have come from The Philippines, the country with the highest number of COVID-19 cases in East Asia.

That’s fine, the point is to pressure MPs into doing or saying SOMETHING about making more sensible policies.

I’m fine with quarantining in Taiwan. I’m not fine quarantining in Canada and immediately heading back to the airport.

1 Like

The Government thinks most people will get the vaccine by the end of 2021. Lunar new year 2022 is a realistic time when travel will be safe imo

1 Like