Going to Tainan!

[quote=“Springfield”]Yeah I see what you mean Cowboy.
“were not in Kansas anymore”[/quote]Spring -
Don’t worry. You’ll have a good time. It will be very different, you will never really understand what the heck is going on, some of the food you will like,some you will tolerate and some you’ll want to bury in the ground rather than eat.
The weather is hot, humid and hot. People still wear coats in the summer.
Traffic makes no sense at all and nobody cares.
Tainan is actually a pretty good city. Great BaseBall stadium and Hometown BaseBall Team and 2 skate parks in the back of it - if you’re a skater.
But this place is most def not and “exotic Asian paradise.”
But its cool.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
The weather is hot, humid and hot. People still wear coats in the summer.[/quote]

… That doesn’t make sense.

[quote=“Springfield”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]
The weather is hot, humid and hot. People still wear coats in the summer.[/quote]

… That doesn’t make sense.[/quote]

You just don’t get Taiwanese culture. :laughing:

BTW, they wear the coats backwards on scooters. :whistle:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Springfield”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]

BTW, they wear the coats backwards on scooters. :whistle:[/quote]

and they let the dogs wear coats when it drops to 15 degree in “winter”. :unamused:

Heh this is going to be one of the weirdest years ever.

I mean that in a good way of course.

BTW, this is a weird question but do most Taiwanese households have Piano’s? I think i’d go crazy without a piano for a year.

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Springfield”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]

BTW, they wear the coats backwards on scooters. :whistle:[/quote]
And you wear socks with sandals on?

Most Taiwanese households don’t have books, never mind pianos. But I’ll bet you a thousand NT dollars right now that there are some empty liquor bottles on display in the living room.

Most Taiwanese households don’t have books, never mind pianos. But I’ll bet you a thousand NT dollars right now that there are some empty liquor bottles on display in the living room.[/quote]

Gah, noooooo. Maybe i’ll buy my host family a piano. A Piano is like crack to me i need one.

I would guess there is a good chance your host family will be pretty middle class. If so and if they have a daughter, I bet they will have a piano.

BTW, Yongkang does not mean ‘Eternal Health.’ It means ‘Eternal Peace’.

Most Taiwanese households don’t have books, never mind pianos. But I’ll bet you a thousand NT dollars right now that there are some empty liquor bottles on display in the living room.[/quote]

Gah, noooooo. Maybe I’ll buy my host family a piano. A Piano is like crack to me I need one.[/quote]

Many students study piano so there are usually neighborhood places to rent pianos on an hourly bases. They are usually very cheap.