Gold Card application from inside Taiwan

Hi everyone,

Not sure why, my last post got moved to Gold Card applications outside Taiwan…

Question for all
Did anyone submit lately a gold card application and heard from the NIA? I am trying to gauge the timeline for the approval/rejection decision to be made.

I am currently on the 180 days visitor visa with no extension, which means I have to leave Taiwan to apply for the resident visa, then the ARC. For planning purposes, I’d really like to know how long the applications from inside Taiwan are taking on average, particularly under the pandemic situation.

Thanks all!

Sorry this is not a reply to OP, but a general suggestion.

The epic gold card thread is now quite long. I think each topic in separate thread with a gold card tag could be easier for people to search info later.

3 Likes

I agree. I’m not a fan of the forumosa style mega-threads. Too hard to follow along.

@Boubba, you can certainly apply for the gold card from within Taiwan. Though do note the fees are much higher. Usually, there’s a response within 10 business days. I don’t think there’s a huge rush on gold card applications because of the relatively high barriers and the digital nomad types are not going to want to start paying taxes.

2 Likes

I have nothing to contribute to this gold card thread but want to +1 this.

Plus it’s kind of a slap in the face when you post a fresh question only to have it merged into (read:buried at the end of) 600 replies, quite literally in some cases as it then never gets replied to since people assume it’s just somebody grave digging or otherwise don’t want to invest in the context, or just respond to an earlier post.

1 Like

Fully agree. We need to work with the moderators to get them to stop obsessively doing this and editing threads.

It’s not really “much higher”, is it? The difference between applying in country and applying abroad seems to be either 800 TWD or nothing, depending on whether the applicant has a visa exemption or an actual extendable visa. It’s pretty negligible.

Edit: it actually seems to be 2600 TWD cheaper for Americans holding a visitor visa to apply in country compared to overseas (but still 800 TWD more expensive for non-Americans to do the same). Didn’t notice that before - I guess it’s some reciprocal thing because Americans have already paid a lot for the original visa.

Article 7: Charges and fees
(1)USA passport holders:
A.Overseas applications: For one-year duration, NT$6,300 per card; for two-year duration, NT$7,300 per card; for three-year duration NT$8,300 per card.
B.Domestic applications:
(A)Those who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) visa free or with a visitor visa with duration of stay of less than 60 days, or a visitor visa with duration of stay of over 60 days noted with no extension or other restrictions by the visa-issuing authority: For one-year duration, NT$7,100 per card; for two-year duration, NT$8,100 per card; for three-year duration NT$9,100 per card…
(B)Those who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) with an extendable visitor visa with duration of stay of over 60 days, a visitor visa with duration of stay of over 60 days without other restrictions noted by the visa-issuing authority: For one-year duration, NT$3,700 per card; for two-year duration, NT$4,700 per card; for three-year duration NT$5,700 per card.
(2)Passport holders of all countries except the USA:
A.Overseas applications: For one-year duration, NT$3,700 per card; for two-year duration, NT$4,700 per card; for three-year duration NT$5,700 per card.
B.Domestic applications:
(A)Those who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) visa free or with a visitor visa with duration of stay of less than 60 days, or a visitor visa with duration of stay of over 60 days noted with no extension or other restrictions by the visa-issuing authority: For one-year duration, NT$4,500 per card; for two-year duration, NT$5,500 per card; for three-year duration NT$6,500 per card…
(B)Those who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) with an extendable visitor visa with duration of stay of over 60 days, a visitor visa with duration of stay of over 60 days without other restrictions noted by the visa-issuing authority: For one-year duration, NT$3,700 per card; for two-year duration, NT$4,700 per card; for three-year duration NT$5,700 per card.

3 Likes

All,

Just wanted to let you know that today NIA sent me an official email saying the Gold Card is approved.

The “180 days visitor visa with no extension” was not an issue, I did not have to leave the country and re-enter as first thought.

I think they changed the regulations on this because of Covid-19. I think BOCA understand now that it is a difficult ask now particular with quarantines and HK’s current situation.

Thanks all for your support!

Cheers.

5 Likes