Gold Card ARC and Spouse ARC process

Perfect, thanks so much @pin2xbo!!!

Just wanted to confirm with you all, with a gold card, applying for visa for family members outside of Taiwan (spouse and kids) can be done without the physical gold card? So you can have it set to pick up in Taiwan? Or you will need to have it sent to where you are to be able to apply?

Thanks!

I gave the local TECO a call this morning with questions around dependent/spouse visas, and they told me to look on the boca website for “foreigners applying for spouse and child” for required documents. However, I can’t seem to find that? All I see is stuff for foreign spouses of ROC citizens. Does anyone know where the list of required documents is for dependent (spouse/child) visas is?

FYI

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-166-281-b948e-2.html
Resident Visas for Foreign Spouses of R.O.C.(Taiwan) Citizens Without Household Registration, Foreigners, Hong Kong Residents, Macau Residents, or Mainland Chinese Citizens

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: I don’t know how I missed it. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, did you ever figure this out? I’m in the same situation, currently outside of Taiwan, need to apply for spouse/kids visas, but I set my gold card to be picked up in Taiwan.

I am delaying til the end of this year so have no first hand experience yet.

A lot of people said they were able to do it, and I believe officially you should be able to. But as with all things, this comes down to your “local” TECO and what they will do. They’re the ones that you need to work with, but if they give you trouble I’d keep pushing.

1 Like

My wife is doing the 4 in 1 gold card application for spouse (me) and 2 kids. We do not have to go to Taiwan to pick up the card first, it’ll all be done remotely.

1 Like

Just to clarify, your wife is applying for the gold card, right? And you and the kids are applying for dependent visas?

Yes we had to submit all kinds of documents for all 4 of us.

I submitted my passport today at TECO, and while I was there I asked about applying for dependent visas once the lockdown ends. They told me that they needed at least a photocopy of the gold card, and could I get someone to pick it up for me in Taipei? So I’m reaching out to the gold card help desk to see what they say, will update once I have more clarity.

Edit: here’s the update from the help desk.

If you cannot pick up your Gold Card personally, you can have a friend or family member pick it up for you and send it to you.
That person will have to bring the following to pick up your card:

1.) Their ID
2.) Your Application Receipt
3.) Your Resident Authorization Certificate
4.) Photocopy of your passport
5.) An Affidavit written by you stating that you have authorized this person to pick up your Gold Card for you

So I guess I’ll just get someone to pick it up and send me a scan, shouldn’t be too bad.

1 Like

I see that my gold card needs six months of remaining validity to apply for a resident visa for a dependent. What if my dependent has less than six months before she turns twenty?