Gold Card or Entrepreneur Visa?

Thanks. Anyone have a recommendation for a CPA? I emailed the one that @Marco suggested but the email bounced as undeliverable. crowehorwarh.tw has apparently moved to crowe.com but it also bounced when I tried that domain. Can’t find contact info on the website

He’s my CPA. Let me call him and ask why.

Edit: use mengta.wu@crowe.tw

Sorry. Ill update my pic.

1 Like

Why don’t you just raise your salary for one month to 5700 USD? The size of your company should easily support taking that decision. Some people said most recent salary is enough…

I did think of that but a lot of people said they were required to upload tax returns. One person tried to use current salary and ended up having to wait months for a new W2.
Maybe I try k1 first then if denied I can raise my salary

I saw this as well. Someone(s) was able to get a letter from their new employer vouching for the new salary. Maybe @kurupted can go this route?

Hello guys,
If your salary (in the last month) is more than 5k dollars? It’s possible to apply to that program?

I want to apply for this kind of golden program but I don’t know if I will qualify…

I am thinking in the options of high skilled professionals, trying to get recommendation letter for my civil engineering experience…

Any advice?

Thank you

It seems that if your salary will be over the threshold (~5700USD per month) moving forward and you can get proof of this from your employer, you stand a good chance to be approved. If your salary fluctuates but over the course of an entire tax year it averages above the threshold then you will be approved. If your salary fluctuates but cannot be guaranteed to be over that threshold you will not be approved.

I applied under Economy, with a K-1. We’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

The salary has to be per year?
It’s because I got a good contract but finished really soon because the covid.
So although the amount (per year) can be approximately that money, I have not worked enough time… so just few months…

So guessing if showing the proof of some months will be okay or not

What is k-1?

Tax form (in the US) for someone who owns share of a business

Could I set up a representative office for a engineering position if I want to work as a freelance?

by the letter of the law I don’t think it has to be per year, and as I said there were a couple people I recall who submitted letters of proof from their employer for their salary which exceeds the minimum. However that is uncommon and perhaps just a fortunate outlier, I cannot say. The typical way folks have applied and certainly the easiest to get accepted without any further scrutiny and potential hiccups, is to submit your tax documents that show an entire year’s salary that exceeds the monthly threshold.

In your specific case my guess is it will not work out unfortunately. It could be worth a shot though if you have several months you can submit and make it sound like this will be the salary ongoing. But this is far from a slam dunk

What rep office can do is doing legal actions, such as sign, quote, bid, purchase etc. on behalf of its parent company.

If you want to conduct actual business, you need a branch office.

Iiuc

But isn’t one acceptable criterion simply that the most recent recent salary exceeded €x. There’s no need to actually be in employment at the time of application

Yes, the letter of the law says that but based on all the anecdotes shared in the Gold Card thread, it seems that you either need to show you earned income above the threshold over the course of a year in the past, or that you show you are making that income moving forward. It is not enough to show that you made that income for just one month in the past.

1 Like

Foreigners who apply for the economy field need only demonstrate that they have earned a minimum salary of NT$160,000 (US$5,600) a month, or about US$67,000 per year, at any point in the last three years. https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4067468

Description in Chinese is more clear.

最近月薪達新臺幣十六萬元者,指申請月起前三年內月薪資或月平均薪資達新臺幣十六萬元以上;薪資證明或納稅證明文件,指下列文件之一:
一、薪資扣繳證明或官方財稅證明。但因財稅法令規定而未能檢具者,得於敘明未能檢具之財稅法令規定後,以出具雇主證明為之。
二、未來擬於我國受聘僱之聘僱契約書。