Gold Hunters In Taiwan

Hi looking for gold hunters who want to go out there…camp look for gold etc. I am in central Taiwan.

Do you have a mining license from the government?
Do you need one? What percentage of the materials do you need to give to the government?

Maybe read up here.

We used to do it a little bit for fun. Snorkeling in rivers. Didnt find much, ended up looking for fish and frogs instead.

Currious also about the legality though.

1 Like

Aint mining…just panning or metal detectors…just outdoor fun. Go to waterfalls / streams / rivers. Camping…thats all…at the sametime have the chance to hit gold!

1 Like

https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=J0020001

Article 51
A prospector, mineral right applicant or mineral right holder may, as necessary, conduct survey or prospecting on the land of other; however, prior notice shall be given to the local agency and landowner or land user, and owner’s consent shall be obtained when an obstacle needs to be removed.

1 Like

Bring your findings to a police station. I nobody claims it after half a year (or so), you get to legally keep it. Don’t just keep it as that would be considered theft.

I doubt that applies to a naturally occurring mineral the same as a lost item.

So if I move a pebble. I have to report it? C’mon guys…

Not if you move a pebble, no, but if you remove classes of minerals defined in Article 3 of the law I posted, you might, legally speaking.

So let me change the Title “Looking For Gold lookers / We go to a stream / submerge our heads and look at Gold. Then we go camping like Brokeback Mountain”

I assumed they go looking for lost gold rings and such.

2 Likes

i was worried about legal matters , but now ya got me interested haha

if one finds a mineral on open ground , surely it cant be called mining …?

So if I carry my metal detector to the beach. Is that illegal? I mean, If I find a gold nugget, will the police suddenly drop from the sky and take me to the nearest police station? We are in Taiwan guys…cmon.

There is gold in them thar hills. Honestly, there is.

2 Likes

I won’t speak for anyone else, but I’m just interested in what the law is! What the law is is one thing, and in what sense it might actually be enforced is another. It can’t hurt to know the former. Or the latter for that matter :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree bro…I don’t think gold hunting is considered mining. Mining is like the stuff you watch in discovery channel…where you destroy an entire landscape…

The law I linked mentions “prospecting” or I wouldn’t have posted it. I don’t know for sure that it would be considered “prospecting”, but it seems like it would. Landowners tend to be conscious of their rights about such things.

My point is…going to a public park, picking up a dandruff size gold is not a big deal. No one cares. Government will only intervene when they don’t have a cut of the pie…like millions of dollars of gold.

The government won’t care, but the media will report about it as soon as they find out about it :joy:

Look dude, we have a duty here at Forumosa to protect the site and cover our asses. If something may not be legal, we cannot endorse it or allow it to be posted.

Even if it is, practically speaking, ‘not a big deal’ it probably isn’t worth our risk to have someone attempt to post about it and cause us to procur unnecessary risk.

Going 5 kmh over is not a big deal but since it’s illegal, we don’t wanna hear about it and get sued.

If you’re serious about this, call a lawyer and get his/her endorsement and send it to us and then you can solicit gold recovery all you want.

2 Likes