Gone is the Ability to Edit My Sig

[quote=“Goose Egg”]test[/quote]Nope, still nowhere to enter sigs in my profile. And the “Show Sig” (Or whatever it said) option is still gone from the posting page.

I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve checked from a couple of accounts, but it’s working for me

Anyone else having this problem? If yes, we’ll have to look for patterns (operating systems, favorite browers, cookie settings, etc etc)

sig test. the Original one

It was busted before but works fine now for me; even tried changing it OK.

sig works but I notice that the last day, the page af ter posting is not going back to the OP. Blocks on “your message has been posted” ?(not relevant to this thread sorry)

I found it now. It used to be at the bottom next to the avatar, now it’s higher up and I didn’t see it :blush:

[quote=“Goose Egg”]I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve checked from a couple of accounts, but it’s working for me

Anyone else having this problem? If yes, we’ll have to look for patterns (operating systems, favorite browers, cookie settings, etc etc)[/quote]

I’m on a shared computer using IE, chinese XP, no idea about cookies etc. Can’t see my own signature or YC’s.

Bizzarre!

I can see Goose Egg’s signature. I can see the word ‘Hello’ after most of BF’s posts, except for the one at the top of page 3 in this thread!

I just tried updating my sig again, and found the text box to do it OK. I made sure ‘always show my signature’ is turned on. But I have no signature.

Am I the subject of some special kind of repression?

Hmm. Two posts from me, one with sig and one without. How did you do that?

When you post, there is a tickybox below the edit box which says “Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)”. If you post without the box ticked then it will not add your sig.

When you post, there is a tickybox below the edit box which says “Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)”. If you post without the box ticked then it will not add your sig.[/quote]I think if you don’t have a signature, then that defaults to off. When I made my post at the top, by sig had disappeared, so it was turned off for that post. You can edity your posty and clicky on the tickyboxy to turn your siggy back on for that posty.

I looked at old posts made by Goose Egg. Signature lines are changed to reflect the current text, they don’t stay as they were when you wrote the post.

So how do I not have a signature line in some posts, when I ticked the box that says “ALWAYS show my signature”? Why does it not insert my sig into old posts? Why does BFM have posts with no signature?

Weirder still. I just turned my signature line off, but it’s still there in the above post.

And in the one above!!

Now it’s on again.

That option and the ‘always notify me of replies’ options are a bit misleading. They set your default posting mode and do not affect previous posts. In other words, all the ‘always show signature’ option does is pre-check the ‘attach signature’ tickybox when you make future posts. Likewise for the notify option. It has no other effect.

So why did my signature appear in the post above after I had specifically turned it off to see what happened?

[quote]Weirder still. I just turned my signature line off, but it’s still there in the above post.

Is it on now?[/quote]