Gong Fu/'old-people-in-the-park' shoes

I’m looking for those plain slip on shoes worn by gong fu practitioners and old people in the park. Any suggestions for a place to purchase in the Taipei area? I have large and broad feet, which do not fit easily the typical Taiwanese sized shoes.

There is a small, oldish store at the entrance of the Zheng Zhong Market, in downtown Taipei, between Boai Street and Zhongxin, I thing its Wuchang street or the one just after that. It is pretty famous because you can find all kinds of all style Chinese shoes, all sizes.

On the other hand, most traditional markest will have a stand or two selling the kung-fu shoes.

Great, thanks.

Just a word of warning, Fortigurn. Those shoes do NOT (I repeat, do NOT) give you ninja powers.

Bloody con.

Bah! I should have known, from watching the old people in the park. In that case I hope they don’t make me feeble and decrepit like those people.

Carrefour in Xindian had some…if I’m thinking of the same shoes…almost looks like the shoes the buddhists wear?

I take them from old people in the park

[quote=“irishstu”]Just a word of warning, Fortigurn. Those shoes do NOT (I repeat, do NOT) give you ninja powers.

Bloody con.[/quote]
Yes they do. I’m wearing a pair right this minute and I just inserted a grapefruit into your anus. You didn’t even notice. See?
And you should think yourself lucky that they were just the normal slip-on kind. If I’d had on the ones with the tapes that wrap all up your shins it would have been a pineapple.

Weirdoes!

There’s a thread with some information about Kung Fu/Gongfu slippers on Taiwan Ho! - Click here.

I got some arhat shoes at a Buddhist gift shop next to a big temple. It was not in Taipei, but I imagine there are other large gift shops.
Make sure to buy black and not the colors the monastics wear.