Good 7-eleven Food

I am addicted to the new baggies they keep in the freezer (with the ice-cream).

They have two new pastry-type rolls: chicken roll and beef roll. The beef roll is okay, but I LOVE the chicken roll. I love the taste of the cheese and chicken.
I like the little bag of chicken wings too.
This will be a great addition to those train station-style dinner boxes I usually eat. Those are yummy! The only dinner box I like better is a place near Carrefour in Xindian where they actually barbeque the meat.

What is your 7-eleven fix? Strangely enough a search on here only brought up beer discussions, urine eggs, and slurpees.

What I want is the secret transmission of the sacred knowledge of tea egg bag technique.

No matter what I do, I cannot pick up just one bag for my tea eggs. :doh:

I always end up with two in my hand. Maybe my chi is dispersed or too yin from drinking cold beverages or maybe I just need a few more years of training.

As far as good food, the new salsa flavor potato chips are quite tasty. I sure miss Mexican food.

I love the chicken wraps, too. I usually buy 10 when I see them in stock. VERY convenient and microwaveable and quite tasty. :thumbsup:

On the shelf below the wraps are a quite palatable spaghetti and meat sauce. I haven’t tried the bagged version as I am quite happy with the container variety. That said, the same package can be found at RT Mart for 45NT. Quite a savings over the 68NT price tag at sevey.

eeeeeeeeeeeeks twonipples I was just going to text you to tell you about those chicken wings. I actually thought of you when I ate them!!

The chicken and beef wraps are so-so microwaved, but if you take them home and put them into a toaster oven, they’re quite good.

I know it’s not 7-11, but I love the mashed potato with cheese and bacon at Family Mart.

I like the freshly cut fruit. Saves me the trouble of actually attempting to make any effort to eat something healthy.

Y’all been here way far too long if you think that those frozen turds come anywhere close to being even considered chicken wraps.
Warps, more likesay.
:hand:
I don’t eat much of their ready to eat as it seems ripe for mishandling and other causes of food poisoning.

I do like the fact that the sometimes carry Black Devil cigarettes, and Sam Adams, which are both considered sustenance doa’n ow’re weigh.
That said, I do like their nuts, and some of the weird Japanese stuff they get can be a treat. A few months ago they had this Nippon brownie pack which was quite fine.

My all time fav convienience store treat is a baked sweet potato from Family Mart. Well, and how they all have decent coffee now.

Their heated-up Neopolitan spaghetti is pretty good. N$65.
Was quite surprised after the first time I had it. And a decent good carbo-load if one is doing a round-island bike ride.

I eat quite alot there (7-11) , walking distance and im lazy LOL.

for rice lovers:

the curry is GOOD stuff , I personally go with the green one, more spicy more kick. The yellow 65Nt one is perfect for non spicy lovers, its not just veges, theres chicken inside too! tad on the sweet side imho.

rice balls and beverage , 39NT combo , depends on the drinks, sometimes they go nuts and combo it with milk so its a no brainer :whistle: Wasabi salmon rice ball is nice imho.

stay the F away from the beef/chicken japanese rice bowls, the beef bowl taste like crap and the chicken bowl is MSG ladened … i learned it the hard way

For noodle lovers:

the zhonghua cold noodles with a salad is above average for me (39NT, 2 varieties, i like the blue one better) , u get 10NT off now if u pick it up with a 35NT salad

beef soup noodles , pretty average imho…

beef fried noodles, ok once in a while, small serving, tasty but damn salty too

microwave food packs @3 for 75NT

try having the green spag with the pork fried rice and fried dumplings , eat the sphags first, use the leftover sauce to coat the dumplings or rice, pretty decent imho.

:lick:

Next time, try the rice with added spell-check and shift button. :2cents:

I like some of the triangle sandwiches, specifically the one with three thin sandwiches in it; one with an egg and the other two with a slice of ham. Moist and delicious!

I also like to triangle rice sandwiches. I’d stay away from the rou son (shaved pork) ones though. Too sweet and has a gritty texture i don’t particularly enjoy. The tuna is probably the best.

I’d stay away from the liang mian (cold sesame noodles) though. I love these from small neighborhood shops, but once I bought one from 7 and got real sick.

If you are cheapskate beer drinker like me, apparently you can buy a case of Taiwan beer in advance, and just take a few beers at the store whenever you’d like. I haven’t done this yet, but there is another local guy who I occasionally have a beer with outside 7 who told me about it.

Worst 7-Eleven food:

New Orleans style Chicken wings. :thumbsdown:

A straight hostile offense towards New-Orleans citizens as to the Chicken community.

maybe I’m wrong on this but is “Good 7-11 food” a misnomer?

I believe the word you are looking for is ‘oxymoron’.

I believe the word you are looking for is ‘oxymoron’.[/quote]

The whole thing is a paradox, apart from those little triangle things… Ok I’m contradicting myself… Got me coat, bye!

[quote=“ktk_ace”]I eat quite alot there (7-11) , walking distance and im lazy LOL.
beef fried noodles, ok once in a while, small serving, tasty but damn salty too[/quote]

I have been here for less than a week. I like the familiarity of the 7-Eleven already, but I’m also already a little perplexed by them. I actually rather like the spicy beef noodles, but they seem to be often out of stock. But they always have plenty of weird gravy-drenched looking things in stock, which look execrable to me and also which I cannot imagine being part of an Asian diet. Are these meant for foreign customers, or are they ersatz versions of western food adapted to local tastes?

Why don’t they stock more of the spicy beef noodles, which must sell well, and fewer of the weird gravy things, which appear untouched between my visits?

Also, I walked into the local Family Mart today, expecting totally different stock, but the items were exactly the same, down to the AB yogourt which I have been drinking regularly in a desperate attempt to stave off the dreaded laduzi as long as possible. How can competing stores carry exactly the same products, down to the pre-made meals?

It’s probably hui4fan4, quite common, cheap (and usually not particularly good) local grub. The gravy is generally a very low quality glop – I imagine they make it with cornstarch, water, and little else.