Good at math? Help me calculate my NHI Premium

OK, I confess, I always hated math and never was good at it. So here we go.

Just had a look at the National Health Insurance website and that is how they calculate the Premium:

[quote]Insured payroll related amount x premium rate x contribution rate x (1 + number of dependents) In this case, monthly salary NT$52,500 fits the 27th insurance bracket of the Scale of NHI Insured Payroll-related Amount which is NT$53,000. With 2 dependents, his monthly premium is calculated as follows:

NT$53,000 x 4.55% x 30% x (1 + 2) = NT$2,170[/quote]

I was trying to make this calculation, but just donā€™t get itā€¦ :blush:
Here my questions:

4.55% of the monthly salary 53ā€™000NT? That would be 2411,50 NT then.
30% of 53ā€™000NT = 15ā€™900NT

And then what? How ever I calculate, I never get 2170. Can somebody explain pleaseā€¦ :help:

Thanks

53000 * 4.55 % = 2411.5
2411.5 * 30 % = 723.45 for 1 person

723.45 * 3 = 2170

ohā€¦30% of the previous 4,55%ā€¦goshā€¦after all itā€™s not my math that is badā€¦

Thanks a lot!!

If your math didnā€™t have a problem, then why did you make the initial post?

(sorry, somebody had to ask)

An attempt to save my reputation:

I donā€™t think they wrote the formula correct. Shouldnā€™t the forumola be

(NT$53,000 x 4.55%) x 30% x (1 + 2)

for the way they calculate it? :unamused:

Oh whatever, Iā€™m not in the mood for this now.

[quote=ā€œmesheelā€]I donā€™t think they wrote the formula correct. Shouldnā€™t the forumola be

(NT$53,000 x 4.55%) x 30% x (1 + 2)

for the way they calculate it? :unamused: [/quote]

Um, no? It comes out the same. Honest :slight_smile: Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll actually get my NHI one of these daysā€¦ probably just before I leaveā€¦

Mesheel, how many dependants do you have?

Does anyone know how to calculate NHI with no income? I have a APRC and only currently spend a few months out of the year in Taiwan but would like to keep it going ā€˜just in caseā€™ I come back or need it. Since I dont work in Taiwan my income is -0- zero.

I also dont know if I still have NHI or not since I left my job a year ago (when I got my APRC) and left Taiwan half a year ago.

I will be going back soon to double check but it would be nice to know if its actually is expensive (2-3k nt a month is a lot for something I almost very used in the last 5 years) to keep going or just depend on my current non-Taiwan employment insurance.

I donā€™t know the calculation, but when I wasnā€™t working for a year under my APRC (I was in school) my monthly payment was about 750NTD. That was in 2014.

Also, I might be wrong here, but I think if you want to start your NHI again youā€™ll get billed for the months you didnā€™t pay. Hopefully someone can verify or disprove that.

1 Like