Good Chinese restaurant in Tianmu/N Taipei?

As far as price I guess I’m flexible, as this is an anniversary-type thing. What I want is very cool atmosphere (traditional or chic are both ok) with delicious food - preferably something spicy like Szechuan or Hunan Cuisine and good portions.

I took my in-laws to the 1010 Hunan Cuisine branch in the Xinyi eslite, and they loved it; it was certainly one of the best Chinese meals I’ve recently had in Taiwan, although with a vegetarian wife I don’t eat near as much of the higher-end local food as I’d like. (The various food scandals now have me staying away from the cheaper stuff.) Hungry Girl also loved their food; they’ve got a branch in the Tianmu Mitsukoshi. I’m not sure if the environment’s quite right for an anniversary, but I definitely liked the food.

I really enjoyed Kiki’s the one time I ate there, about five years back - Sichuan style, and for decor it may be more what you’re looking for. I think this branch is in Tianmu - maybe the same building as the eslite?

Fang Jia Xiaoguan at 7 Tianmu East Road is pretty good. It’s kind of a northern dumpling place but not really, they have a lot of variety. Been a while, I have to go back actually.

The view of Yangmingshan from “1010” in Tianmu’s Shinkong Mitsukoshi is lovely. If your event is during daylight hours, you might consider it, especially if you’re able to reserve a table (or tables) near the windows.

Guy

I took my in-laws to the 1010 Hunan Cuisine branch in the Xinyi eslite, and they loved it; it was certainly one of the best Chinese meals I’ve recently had in Taiwan, although with a vegetarian wife I don’t eat near as much of the higher-end local food as I’d like. (The various food scandals now have me staying away from the cheaper stuff.) Hungry Girl also loved their food; they’ve got a branch in the Tianmu Mitsukoshi. I’m not sure if the environment’s quite right for an anniversary, but I definitely liked the food.

I really enjoyed Kiki’s the one time I ate there, about five years back - Sichuan style, and for decor it may be more what you’re looking for. I think this branch is in Tianmu - maybe the same building as the eslite?[/quote]

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I’d read about that Hunan place on Hungry Girl’s blog a while back and never checked it out. Had no idea there was one in Tianmu… thanks a bunch!