Good chiropractor that can see me today?

Thanks ranlee for mentioning me,

I’ve seen lots of patients with low back discomfort who didn’t get much relief after rehabilitation. Acupuncture and/or herbal medicine is helpful for most them. I usually will also teach them to do some exercise to strengthen their lower back so that the relief lasts longer.

Why not give it a try?
I will be in Tingchou branch from 2-5 pm today. (Every Tuesday and Friday 2-5pm)

1 Like

I bought a 25-session package with Mark Griffin and all I got from it was a hit to my bank.

I’ve always been loathe to slag him as he pays for banners ads here, but yeah, bad news. Scaring people with xrays and persuading them to book and prepay long courses of treatment would get him struck off in a western country,

I’m not saying Chiropracter’s don’t do good work but here’s some videos l thought would be good to share.

Avoid Mark Griffen. I had a hand injury and went to see him a few years back because of a banner ad on this site. He gave me a useless cream that didn’t work at all. Asked me to go get some x-rays and told me I had to get a really expensive multi-visit treatment which I declined. He had a credit card machine and said I can pay in installments. Was pretty aggressive. I ran out of there pretty quick. I’m surprise this guy is even around.

2 Likes

Isn’t Chiropractic Medicine quackery made up by a huckster ?

Still around and doing pretty well for himself it seems. Well, lesson learned. Seems there’s a couple of options in this thread to choose from, hopefully it works.

Has anyone had an issues with their neck that they’ve gotten treated in Taipei? Chronic neck pain, tension, etc…

hi, pleople. yesterday 22th of octuber i went to Dr. Edward Chen clinic i feel very well after a painful chiropracter but was very nice, COST 1.000 TWD, and give me some tips to mantain my spinal healthy. His new adress is 7F, No. 165 NAN JING EAST ROAD, SECTION 2, TAIPEI. METRO EXIT 6. TEL No. 02 2506 3955. I went too at Griff clinic i did not like it, ask for RX cost 2400 TWD, each pract cost 1500 TWD, i shoud make 8 pract , cost 12.000 TWD + 2.400= 14.400 and wanted to sell me a machine that i did not know how it for. So greetings!!!

1 Like

i have problems neck, shoulders and low back and insomnia, may i do aconputure? please help me.

I’ve bought the first generation of half the new electronic products, toys and gadgets that have come out in recent years. However, if I were to get any money back that’ve spent in the past decade, it would be money spent in his office.

Fortunately, I figured this out after a pair of visits.

yeah, I threw 10,000 down that money pit a few years ago before I wised up…

1 Like

My problems are from bad posture. Sitting over a laptop all day…

Dr. Chen focuses on the alignment of the bones. I understand that he was the Taiwanese’ Olympic team doc during the Reagan years and is a physical therapist today. I’ve seen a book written by him about exercise that is out of print. https://24h.pchome.com.tw/books/prod/DJAO1C-A51818474 His office visit has been the same price for at least 15 years or more. If you’ve ever been helped by a good chiropractor and then can get a good nights sleep because the pain is gone, you become a believer. I used to think they were quacks too. A bad one could really hurt you. I tried a different one when I lived in Tainan and I thought I was going to die.

From what I have heard. They ones that work are those that are utilizing general physical therapy practices. The chiropractic side is still nonsense. The benefits you are receiving can be found from going to a physical therapist at a fraction of the cost

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I’d like to buy the book but it’s only in Chinese, right?

1 Like

It is only in Chinese as far as I know.

Doing physical therapy to fix muscle weakness and imbalances causing back pain is the most effective method.

1 Like

Is 1000 his standard fee through NHI or does he not accept NHI? Either way that’s a great value especially if he’s as effective as everyone here is saying. Just wondering if I could get my father in when he visits.

He doesn’t accept NHI so just 1000nt. Dr. Chen will tell you if he can help or not.

You may want to try this at your own risk.
Hang off pull up bars, (that’s similar to the stretching machines they use in physio except most people who need “decompresing” are not strong enough to hang). Add in some Cataflam and muscle relaxants. Sleep with a pillow under your knees if you sleep on your back or between your knees if you sleep on your side.