Good Credit Cards from TW for use abroad

I’m going abroad next month and was wondering if there are any good credit cards offered in Taiwan for people who travel. Typically ones with no charges for withdrawals abroad, no commission rates (ie you pay for something and just pay based on the conversion rate)

Citi has a cash back card that offers 2% cashback on all transactions domestic and overseas. But you won’t want to be withdrawing from any credit card.

it depend if you care about cashback or miles. You would never want to withdraw (technically cash advance) from a credit card. That’s expensive.

for miles, very good are the HSBC travellers infinite card, the DBS fly world mastercard (let you get miles with multiple airlines) or if you stick with Eva Air, the cathay united Eva visa infinite (abroad can go as low at 10NT per mile, but you need to travel abroad via a eva air flight and need to register the travel on a specific page of cathay united website, quite troublesome)

My SO told me there are no CCs here in TW that offer a No Int’l Transaction Fee.

Yes that’s true.
The best you can do is get good cash back that offsets the transaction fee, and the poor exchange rate.

2 Likes