Good foreign owned/run restaurants in Taipei

My girlfriend is doing a t.v. show about noteworthy foreign owned and themed restaurants in Taipei. She has Alleycat’s lined up already and is trying to contact The Tavern (so far to no avail). That’s where I’ve run out of ideas. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Bongo’s has my vote.

Aren’t some of the Subways foreign owned?

Carnegies.

Taipei Sports Bar.

JBs.

Curria, and that other Indian place on ShiDa. And the new one that posted here a lot a while back, up in TienMu I think.

The Dream Community in XiZhi, lots of foreigners working there.

Doesn’t Belgian Pie, or whatever her name is, have some kind of bakery?

I have a phone number somewhere for a guy that was selling food at a nightmarket off the back of his motorbike.

And there’s always the chili at Bikefarm

Not sure when your Girl Friend called us but anyway my direct number is 27587862 or captain@tavern.com.tw

Some more that might qualify (all German):
Baeckerei Wendels (bakery + restaurant) in TienMu.
‘Oma Ursel’s Cafe’ (formerly ‘Schwarzwald Cafe’) between Yongkang and Lishui Jie
‘Zum Adler’ near Da’an park on Xinsheng Rd. (north of Xinyi).

Belgian Pie is a dude. His restuarant/cafe is in San Xia, not Taipei. Mighty good sandwiches.

How about the random Egyptians that sell Shawarma around town?

We are a foreign operated Irish pub/restaurant in Taipei…the only one in fact!!

Well, I wasn’t going to say anything but we are foreign operated and 100% foreign owned.

Bob

Don’t forget the Shannon. Best pub chips in Taiwan by a miiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee :bravo: Would love a chicken parma and chips on the menu, that would get me back in for a second visit.

[quote=“TpeBob”]Well, I wasn’t going to say anything but we are foreign operated and 100% foreign owned.

Bob[/quote]

And you sir, are simply “owned”. :wink:

The obvious one is Alleycats. and McDonalds.

isnt McDonalds a franchise? Therefore - locally ‘owned’?

Brass Monkey.

How about Alleycat’s???

That was the very first one mentioned.

Alleycat’s is lined up for Tuesday.

[Not sure when your Girl Friend called us but anyway my direct number is 27587862 or captain@tavern.com.tw[/quote]

Taverncaptain;

We’re huge fans of your place and were there for the Liverpool v. Chelsea game a couple of weeks ago. She’ll be in touch.

[quote=“Rascal”]Some more that might qualify (all German):
Baeckerei Wendels (bakery + restaurant) in Tianmu.
‘Oma Ursel’s Cafe’ (formerly ‘Schwarzwald Cafe’) between Yongkang and Lishui Jie
‘Zum Adler’ near Da’an park on Xinsheng Rd. (north of Xinyi).[/quote]

Thanks Rascal. Last week she interviewed Michael from Wendel’s. We’ve been to Oma’s and like it a lot. I think there’s probably only room for one German place, although as far as I’m concerned, German food is underrated.