Good Hotel Turkey Takeout for Christmas Dinner?

Can someone recommend a good turkey takeout from a local hotel for a Christmas feast?

Heard Grandma Nitti’s offering sucks.

We’ll do one for you if you like. PM me and let me know what size you’d like and we can agree on a price.

Bob Marshall
General Manager
Carnegie’s Taipei

We’ve gone with the Howards Plaza Hotel on Fuxing Road the past few years and have always been satisfied with the bird. Their pies are pretty good too but the cranberries are in a can and the stuffing is organ based and not even my chinese friends would eat it. But like I said, the turkey is excellent.

What based?

Bob

What based?

Bob[/quote]

As far as I could tell, the stuffing was made of organs: you know liver, heart, kidneys, that sort of thing. In Canada we stuff our turkeys with bread and potatoes and that sort of thing.

What based?

Bob[/quote]

As far as I could tell, the stuffing was made of organs: you know liver, heart, kidneys, that sort of thing. In Canada we stuff our turkeys with bread and potatoes and that sort of thing.[/quote]

Giblets. I see. I had thought for one moment there that…well, never mind.

Bob

What based?

Bob[/quote]

As far as I could tell, the stuffing was made of organs: you know liver, heart, kidneys, that sort of thing. In Canada we stuff our turkeys with bread and potatoes and that sort of thing.[/quote]

Giblets. I see. I had thought for one moment there that…well, never mind.

Bob[/quote]
You must be thinking of the turkey importing scandal of a few years back in which customs discovered shipments of frozen turkeys that had been totally hollowed out and stuffed with turkey testicles – the Taiwan market was crying out for turkey balls, but import laws dictated that balls could only be supplied with the rest of the turkey, so one turkey = two nuts.
That’s called creative food prep. :wink:

Bob, my friends are doing a crimble dinner – can you give me an er… ball-park figure for, say, a 12-15 pounder? Also, can you do an onion and chest er… nut stuffing?

Also, don’t forget to only stuff the neck cavity – only shove some butter, fresh herbs (estragon is good) and lemons up it’s arse, because if you stuff the body cavity with edibles, there’s a good chance it won’t cook hot enough (I subscribe to the BBC’s Good Food magazine, so I know these things!)

Sandman,

I’ve PM’d you my cell phone phone number so you can give me a call and we can reach some form of amicable Anglo-Scottish agreement.

Cheers

Bob

Although a cheesy relic from the 70s, the Fortuna hotel can actually do a good turkey with all the trimmings for take out.

What about a roast of beef or leg of lamb, could you do that? It would be for Christmas Day. I’l prolly be at Carnage for Boxing Day. You do have Alka Seltzer prepared don’t you?

I have to say the single finest turkey that I have ever had in my life was at Maison Alexandre in Tienmou (Chung Shan No. Rd. Sec. 6 No. 740 or thereabouts, right next to Scoozi and the Subway restaurant). It is a bit undercooked (hence perfectly succulently moist) so those that are skittish about things like that may not find it as enjoyable but given the rigidly fierce standards that Andre Joulian maintains, I think that there should be no cause for worry.