Good mustard

is there a baking shop on yong an? i know there’s one a few (major) streets up, if you hang a left at the blockbuster. go another block or so, and you’ll see a DIY on the left. they’ve got some good stuff in there - pie crusts, sour cream … they might have what you want (not cheap though).

i can’t for thelife of me remember the street name, but it’s the major intersection after chung chen road.

there’s a nother one in chung li with more stuff, but it’s quite a ways to go. it’s on the ring road, sort of on the way to longtan. not really hard to find, though.

best place for pesto is M&L, if you want it prepared for you. they ain’t cheap either, but they have good food. that’s in nan kan. there’s a little italian place on da yo road that sells cheap pasta - they have pesto as well, but it doesn’t get a great rating, although it’s cheap ($130 ?).

[quote=“xtrain_01”]is there a baking shop on yong an? I know there’s one a few (major) streets up, if you hang a left at the blockbuster. go another block or so, and you’ll see a DIY on the left. they’ve got some good stuff in there - pie crusts, sour cream … they might have what you want (not cheap though).

I can’t for thelife of me remember the street name, but it’s the major intersection after chung Chen road.

there’s a nother one in chung li with more stuff, but it’s quite a ways to go. it’s on the ring road, sort of on the way to longtan. not really hard to find, though.

best place for pesto is M&L, if you want it prepared for you. they ain’t cheap either, but they have good food. that’s in nan kan. there’s a little Italian place on da yo road that sells cheap pasta - they have pesto as well, but it doesn’t get a great rating, although it’s cheap ($130 ?).[/quote]
Cheers for that. I’ve been to M&L a couple of times and some of their dishes are bloody good value actually. Cool atmosphere too - that place would make a great niteclub after 11 with the gantry bridge etc. Or live Jazz once week…ah a dream.

I found the Masterfood English Mustard at Jason’s yesterday. Seems to be pretty good, also not quiet the taste I was looking for, but close enough. Thanks again for the suggestions, now I will have to see how it does on a nicely grilled, juicy porked tenderloin.

Oh, while I was at Jason’s in 101 I also saw some pesto there. I never heard of this stuff before, but there it was, a jar that said Pesto on it. Was close to the mustard, which was not in the frozen food section. :laughing:

he he, sorry ratlung, I couldn’t help but have a laugh :laughing:

[quote=“truant”]

I’d make some if I could find fresh basil…I guess Jason’s for that too?[/quote]

Doesn’t your local Wellcome supermarket carry basil? It’s pretty commonly used in Taiwanese cooking so it should be readily available. Just use your nose and eye to find it. By the way, you can chop up basil and freeze it in ice-cubes. Keeps for a long time that way with little loss of flavor.

he he, sorry ratlung, I couldn’t help but have a laugh :laughing:[/quote]

Please excuse my english, must have been the excitement about the mustard. :laughing:

he he, sorry ratlung, I couldn’t help but have a laugh :laughing:[/quote]

Please excuse my English, must have been the excitement about the mustard. :laughing:[/quote]
ha. anyway, you wouldn’t want to go porking any tender loins with mustard anyway…oooh ouch.

I have quiet some imagination, but this must be some slang I haven’t come across yet. :smiley: Now you made me curious. :smiling_imp:

Porking = Shagging,

HTH.

That puts a really strange image in my head. :smiley: :smiley:

That puts a really strange image in my head. :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]
yeah sorry about that. I had it right away, so that shows you how sick I am. :help: