Good news for the day

Man, if this story doesn’t make you smile, nothing will.

[quote] Aung San Suu Kyi and son Kim reunited after 10 years

The younger son of Burma’s pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi has met his mother for the first time in a decade.

Aung San Suu Kyi greeted Kim Aris at Rangoon airport as he arrived.

Mr Aris had travelled to Thailand before his mother was freed on 13 November and waited to be granted a visa to Burma. . .[/quote]
bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11817685

Of course, she should be president. And of course, she’s been locked up unjustly and abused and mistreated for 20 years. And of course, her husband died of cancer on the other side of the world, years ago, and she was unable to see him in his final years. And of course, she’s also got an older son whom she hasn’t seen in a decade and grandkids she’s never seen. And of course, the recent election was a total sham and the military has no intentions of releasing its wrongful grip on the country or easing up on its corruption and human rights abuses.

But we all know that. That’s how it’s been and it’s not going to change.

Still, it’s great to see The Lady in such high spirits over such a wonderful event. :slight_smile:

Or how about this one? Here’s a pleasant and unusual twist on the tired, old, loner in black trenchcoat goes on a school shooting rampage story.

[quote]
Gunman Releases Wisconsin Students

A student armed with a handgun held 23 other students and a teacher hostage for several hours on Monday at a high school in Marinette, Wis., which borders the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, the authorities said.

All of the hostages were released unharmed after about five hours. . . [/quote]
nytimes.com/2010/11/30/us/30 … ?src=twrhp

When’s the last time NO students were killed in such a situation? Apparently the suspect may have shot himself and his condition is unknown, which is too bad, but hats off to the negotiating team (and to the crazy guy for not shooting them all). :bravo:

HA HA HA!!!

I learned in the past year that a major asshole with whom I once had to do business – the General Counsel of a large Taiwan tech company – a guy who was consistently rude, arrogant, dishonest, deceitful and obnoxious in our dealings with him, was prosecuted for insider trading. Oh, so sad.

Well, today I learned he was found guilty and sentenced to 3.5 years. Ha ha ha. Let that be a lesson to him. :discodance:

Now I just need to find his address so I can send my condolences. :wink: