Good NSR Mechanics?

Hey anyone know a good NSR mechanic in the Taipei area?

The guys who used to work on mine have had a shift in management; as a result their work and service has deteriorated dramatically. My bike has been modified quite extensively, so most mechanics I speak to are reluctant to work on it. :cry:

[quote=ā€œn00b38ā€]Hey anyone know a good NSR mechanic in the Taipei area?

The guys who used to work on mine have had a shift in management; as a result their work and service has deteriorated dramatically. My bike has been modified quite extensively, so most mechanics I speak to are reluctant to work on it. :cry:[/quote]

I have heard about a guy called jermey at bike farm.
Personaly I do most things myself, but use a mecanic in san ching to get me hard to find parts and to sort out things I donā€™t have tools for.

[quote=ā€œn00b38ā€]Hey anyone know a good NSR mechanic in the Taipei area?

The guys who used to work on mine have had a shift in management; as a result their work and service has deteriorated dramatically. My bike has been modified quite extensively, so most mechanics I speak to are reluctant to work on it. :cry:[/quote]

If you are willing to travel a little outside of Taipei I know of one of the best mechanics in Taiwan. His shop is located in Yingge (é¶Æꭌ) which is pretty close to Banqiao. He specializes in NSRā€™s and 2-strokes, but he works on everything. I find his prices are reasonable too. He only speaks a little English though. I would be more than willing to show you the place if you wanted. Itā€™s a little hard to find, but if you wanted to meet at the Yingge train station sometime just let me know. It wouldnā€™t be a problem, I am there quite often. Here is his shop number, just call him if you can speak Chinese well.
Ah Sen
02-2678-8309

He can fix anything, do anything custom you want done, and find any part for your NSR.

[quote=ā€œrk1951ā€][quote=ā€œn00b38ā€]Hey anyone know a good NSR mechanic in the Taipei area?

If you are willing to travel a little outside of Taipei I know of one of the best mechanics in Taiwan. His shop is located in Yingge (é¶Æꭌ) which is pretty close to Banqiao. He specializes in NSRā€™s and 2-strokes, but he works on everything. I find his prices are reasonable too. He only speaks a little English though. I would be more than willing to show you the place if you wanted. Itā€™s a little hard to find, but if you wanted to meet at the Yingge train station sometime just let me know. It wouldnā€™t be a problem, I am there quite often. Here is his shop number, just call him if you can speak Chinese well.
Ah Sen
02-2678-8309

He can fix anything, do anything custom you want done, and find any part for your NSR.[/quote]

Cheers RK, have no idea where Yingge is but can get to Banciao no prob, drop me line when you know youā€™re going through again Iā€™ll be keen to meet up and tag along. Wonā€™t be able to make it during the week though :frowning:

[quote=ā€œn00b38ā€]

Cheers RK, have no idea where Yingge is but can get to Banqiao no prob, drop me line when you know youā€™re going through again Iā€™ll be keen to meet up and tag along. Wonā€™t be able to make it during the week though :frowning:[/quote]

I have been in Taiwan a long time, and I am still not very familiar with the Taipei area since I live in Chongli. Iā€™m at the Yingge shop at least once a week, usually Saturdays or during the week after 9:00PM. Just to you get an idea where you would be going, if you were going to take the ā€œslowā€ train south of Taipei, your first stop would be Banqiao. After that it would be Shulin then Sanjia. The next stop after that would be Yingge. They are famous for their pottery and the ā€œold ceramic streetā€ which is home to hoards of pottery shops. Thatā€™s where you would want to get off, if you kept going, the next stop would be Taoyuan (and I am sure you have heard of this city.) The signs are easy to follow from Banqiao, I am sure you could make it to Yingge from Banqiao. If not, why donā€™t you contact Temple. He is a fellow Forumosa and a friendly guy who has 2 NSRā€™s and races with me out at the LongTan racetrack, plus he lives in Banqiao and frequently goes out to the Yingge shop during the weekends. I am sure he would be more than happy to show you the way. You can PM him here using the name Temple.

Worst case scenario, I could probably find my way to the Banqiao train station and backtrack to Yingge. As of now, I am free this Saturday.

The quickest way to the shop from my house is through xin zhuang. Its just one bridge crossing and then a straight shot down the river road. I can show you sometime if you need help

Thanks for the info RK1951 and Temple, Iā€™ll do a bit of homework on google maps and take a ride out the next time I need work done.

Bikeā€™s going well atm, looking to do the next time trial think its on 20/06? Will be in the mountains (route 9) on the weekend
if anyone is keen and this darn weather clears up :pray:

[quote=ā€œn00b38ā€]Thanks for the info RK1951 and Temple, Iā€™ll do a bit of homework on google maps and take a ride out the next time I need work done.

Bikeā€™s going well atm, looking to do the next time trial think its on 20/06? Will be in the mountains (route 9) on the weekend
if anyone is keen and this darn weather clears up :pray:[/quote]

If you are going to be out in that Yingge area, just let me know. I can show you the shop and introduce you to some of the guys there. I would love to ride but at the moment I only have my race NSR and it is too obnoxious for the street. I will have another motorcycle soon though!

Yeah it looks like Temple and I have a race Sunday July 4th. There are sometimes ā€œtime trialā€ races then too. If if you donā€™t sign up for the ā€œtime trialsā€ you should just come to watch and check out the racing scene out there. There are two different NSR classes that race. A more rookie class and a more experienced class. We have two riders in each. Anyway let me know when you want to go out there. Like I said I am usually there Saturday late afternoons.