Good Quality Mountain Bike

Hello all,
Does anyone know of a good quality Bike shop in Taiyuan? Preferably one that sells shimano derailers and gear etc.
I have a Buell S3T rusting in a garage in Canada. I’m considering trying to find a way to have it sent over if I stay in Taiwan long enough. But for now I think riding a mountain bike would be healthier anyway!

dude, do you mean taipei, taiwan or taoyuan?

if you mean taoyuan, then I’m keen to know also.

As for your bike in Canada, leave it there man. Cheapest place to buy a bike is Taiwan, so make the most of it and forget about your old bike.

Sorry Taoyuan. Getting my Chinese city names all jumbled :loco:

no worries. I have wizzed past a few in Taoyuan on the scooter, but the best I could do would be to take you there as I don’t know any street names and the only maps I can find of Taoyuan are in Chinese. But if someone else knows a good shop’s address, it can be looked at on www.maporama.com.

I find addresses outside of Taipei to be a bit of a mission, event the locals I ask have trouble. :s

I would suggest a trip into Taipei… larger selection of shops makes selection a little easier.

www.formosanfattire.com has a list of bike shops in Taipei and further afield but nothing in Taoyuan.

I’ll be arriving in on the 28th, I’m just finishing university exams this week. I’ll drop you a line when I settled to go check out the bike shops you’ve seen. Maybe organize some rides if there are others who like biking in Taoyuan.

BTW- How do you like living there? Any recomendations on local hangouts?

[quote=“Gary Saville”]I’ll be arriving in on the 28th, I’m just finishing university exams this week. I’ll drop you a line when I settled to go check out the bike shops you’ve seen. Maybe organize some rides if there are others who like biking in Taoyuan.

BTW- How do you like living there? Any recomendations on local hangouts?[/quote]

Yes I will be keen to hook up for some MTBing out this way. Most of the MTBing is done in Taipei, but there are some great hills around Taoyuan that there MUST be ‘gold in them there hills’.
It’s been almost 4 years since I have done some decent riding in NZ, so I’m a fat boy, but the Kona is here and looks at me longingly every weekend.

Have found a bit of a crowd to hang out with for drinks etc out in Taoyuan, but unfortunately most of them are bloody Canadians :wink:

http://www.bikeforums.net That site has a lot of good guys and can reccomend you what is good. Check around here first then post up on there. formosanfattire.com/ is pretty good too for local information.