Good reason to buy a helmet camera

Check it out: fazed.org/video/embed/?id=51

The car driver said that the biker hit him, but the video shows the accident to be blatantly the fault of the car driver. Great evidence to have in a situation like this, reminds me of an accident I had a while back in South Africa where I hit a pedestrian on my bike… If only I’d had a helmet cam like this.

[quote=“trapjaw”]Check it out: fazed.org/video/embed/?id=51

The car driver said that the biker hit him, but the video shows the accident to be blatantly the fault of the car driver. Great evidence to have in a situation like this, reminds me of an accident I had a while back in South Africa where I hit a pedestrian on my bike… If only I’d had a helmet cam like this.[/quote]

I don’t get it. Why the guy in the car turns around with squeeling tires (180 degrees)? It looks like he wanted to block the road. I’d really like to hear his point of view now.

And the person having the accident says
“I have the Sony HC42 and a 520 Sony EX-View BulletCam from www.helmetcamera.com.”

Is this some kind of advertisment campaign? :slight_smile:

It looked to me like the black car had no ABS and the driver had an on and off switch for a brake pedal or no brain and panicked when the white car in front slowed down.

I replayed that about 10 times. I think I would have hit the car the same as the rider. Too quick if you were not prepared for it and the car to the right of the rider left no room to swerve. Nasty.

I’ve been in the car with a driver sliding on a wet road and had enough time to say “take your foot off the brake for a second and reapply it gently”

Very interesting video. One has to also assume lying scumbag driver had treacle on his tyres. How do you lock up for so long at that speed? He clearly can’t drive, that’s for sure.