Good stop watch?

I’m looking for a good stop watch, preferably a Seiko, if anyone knows where I can find one. Thanks.

It seems that you want to time a “run”. I know that it restates the obvious, but why not do someting simple like use your cell phone stop watch. Are you really interested in 1/1000 0f a second? Doubtful.
1/10 would be as accurate as most competiions need.

[quote=“Enigma”]It seems that you want to time a “run”. I know that it restates the obvious, but why not do someting simple like use your cell phone stop watch. Are you really interested in 1/1000 0f a second? Doubtful.
1/10 would be as accurate as most competiions need.[/quote]

In fact it takes about 1/10 of a second from the time your brain sends the nerve signal to your hand actually pressing the button… I tried to press start and stop and I could never do it faster than 3/10 of a second.

I’m looking to time workouts for clients in the gym. I’m needing a stopwatch that does interval timing, in particular.

I just found this Casio last night on PCHome for about NT1450:

Cell phones and watches don’t work as well as real stopwatches for this kind of stuff.

I too am looking for a stopwatch. My new cellphone doesn’t have one. I need to to time student’s speeches. I don’t need high quality, just something basic should anyone see any around.

They have cheap little electronic ones at bakery suppliers, sundry stores, stationery stores and NT$10 stores which start counting up with no alarm if you press start, and also allow you to set the minutes and seconds first then press start if you want a countdown to zero with an alarm. Both of mine have magnets on the back so you can keep them on the microwave or fridge, and one had a cheap plastic clip that broke off, for attaching to a pocket or something. One of those would be fine for limiting speech times, I’d think.

Tangentially related: if you’ve got an iPhone, Chronolite is a great app for dealing with student speeches. What I like about it is you can simultaneously run three different timers, each with a different sound when it runs out. For example, today for midterms they were doing 3-5 minute speeches; I had the iPhone set for a gentle beep at 3 minutes, a stronger one at 4, and then an annoying alarm at 5. And that way I didn’t need to pay attention to the time at all, and could just focus on scribbling down notes and comments.

(The version I have is free; there’s a paid version with extra features, but I don’t know what those are.)

My hubby have a Sports Digital Stopwatch, it was bought from ebay. This quality of the stopwatch is good, but the battery is short-life. Go the store and see if you like this model
cgi.ebay.com/Sports-Digital-Chro … 35a90db778

Hope it helps :notworthy: