Good time to buy the pound? Now or September?

I noticed that charge, too, on my Taishin Credit Card. Tacked onto some overseas transactions. I was surprised (and not surprised). Financial services really are not free. You’ve just got to figure out where the payment is. But with commissions on the rate exchanges, a 3-4% sales charge, and now a 2% international charge, it turns out that CREDIT CARDS are not free. :roflmao:

OT, but I received a statement recently that had what I can only guess are adjustments for currency fluctuations between the time of purchase and the time of billing. Anyone else ever seen something like that?

WTF. the pound is nearing parity with USD

1 Like

Not quite. I was hoping it would go down just a tiny bit lower , but I think I’ve missed the lowest point.

You should buy it in September.
To be exact, buy it on September 26th, 2022 when it reaches 1.035 vs. the dollar. :neutral_face:
You’re welcome.

2 Likes

From the future: You have not missed the lowest point.

2 Likes

Must be great to visit the UK now if you are from the USA not so much the other way round

Friend
Of mine from the UK is visiting me for two weeks next month I’m sure he will find prices here shocking in view of the pound x change versus last he was here maybe seven years ago?

Well he can ride around on everything with our new Clipper transit card for entertainment and not eat I guess

1 Like

Southern California is very very expensive no matter where you’re from. But yeah your friend will be in a bad way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

From the future, now the present. You are right it crashed just now, around 28 NTD .

Wahhhhh

It is still saying 34NTD to 1 Pound.
I’m confused did a bounce back up. Something about the bank of England not willing to support pension funds as of Friday?