Goofy Chinese-Language English Websites

“Had you better not talk to yourself?”

:roflmao: I feel so sorry for English Teachers here. What chance have they got with so much of this rubbish available. Linbetty would, no doubt, think it’s fine. I rest my case. :doh:

:roflmao: I feel so sorry for English Teachers here. What chance have they got with so much of this rubbish available. Linbetty would, no doubt, think it’s fine. I rest my case. :doh:[/quote]

that’s what foreign monkey teacher taught??? :roflmao: …that’s why…

Linbetty teaches kid to sing English song ,remember “if you happy and you know it you clap your hand” :bravo: :whistle:

where are those grammar Inspectors :ponder: :ponder: any long rubbish comment :ponder:

In Taiwan, just as there are “foreign” dishes that you will not find in the country from whence they are supposed to originate e.g. escargots covered in melted cheese, there are English phrases which are not spoken in any English speaking countries e.g. I don’t feel quite well today.

Well, at least the general meaning is still there, I guess. No one is going to start a war over it.

[quote=“pgdaddy1”]In Taiwan there are “foreign” dishes that you will not find in the country from whence they are supposed to originate e.g. escargots covered in melted cheese, there are English phrases which not spoken in any English speaking countries e.g. I don’t feel quite well today.

Well, at least the general meaning is still there, I guess. No one is going to start a war over it.[/quote]

Everyone here to discussing and sharing,meanwhile observing…nothing to with WAR,my dearest pgdaddy1 :wink:

:roflmao: I feel so sorry for English Teachers here. What chance have they got with so much of this rubbish available. Linbetty would, no doubt, think it’s fine. I rest my case. :doh:[/quote]

The video does reflect an interesting English exception to general V1 movement for interrogatives. You can’t do it when the auxiliary is compound:

• “Used he to live with his grandmother?”
  • “Had we better stop letting Chinglish teachers post here?”

But even then it’s not universal (or perhaps “would rather” wouldn’t count as a two-word auxiliary):
“Wouldn’t you rather be playing outside now?”

I’m not clear about how we get around the above problem neatly, save for totally altering the syntax of the utterances:
“Didn’t he formerly live with his grandmother?” / “Isn’t he the one who used to live with his grandmother?”
“Is it true that we had better stop letting Chinglish teachers post here?”

But it’s okay with a negative:

Hadn’t we better get going now? or Hadn’t she bought one last year already? are both acceptable (at least where I live in the US).

I love the bit where he’s found out “how to make thousands of dollars”, and points out of the screen at the audience. I assume this drivel is available as a shoddily-packed language course for a few RMB.

[quote=“mrslinbetty”]

Linbetty teaches kid to sing English song ,remember “if you happy and you know it you clap your hand” :bravo: :whistle: [/quote]

Is that REALLY what you teach them? :astonished:

[quote=“TaiwanVisitor12321”][quote=“mrslinbetty”]

Linbetty teaches kid to sing English song ,remember “if you happy and you know it you clap your hand” :bravo: :whistle: [/quote]

Is that REALLY what you teach them? :astonished:[/quote]

Yes, at a school for hand amputees.