Google Earth for Your Mobile

I just downloaded and checked it out. I don’t remember seeing a post about it before, but if this is something old pardon me.

Anyhoo, it’s works just like Google earth except it’s on your phone (and it’s called “Google Local for mobile”.) For those of you with HiSpeed 3G plans it’s something else fun to play with (I had no trouble finding my pad in Yonghe on it.) I could even see it coming in handy some day.

google.com/glm/

Dammit, now I have to fork out for a 3G phone. You shouldn’t have said anything, MTK. Now the missus is going to wonder where her new-shoes-money has disappeared to.

Oh, you don’t need a 3G phone. It’ll work with regular GPRS, I just don’t know how fast it’d be (it was really fast for me :smiley:.) Just be sure to check what it costs you for downloading. Clicking the link walks you through the steps to see if you’re phone is compatible.

(Though forking out for a new 3G phone aint a bad idea :wink:)

Pretty soon you’ll be able to see yourself on those satellite images, and it’ll even know where to look for you, cos of the GPS.

(This is a predicion, not a fact)

[quote=“irishstu”]Pretty soon you’ll be able to see yourself on those satellite images, and it’ll even know where to look for you, cos of the GPS.

(This is a predicion, not a fact)
[/quote]It’s already happened: theregister.co.uk/2005/12/20/google_earth/

can you find this on your phone? maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en … 002626&t=k

Actually… I can :smiley:.