Google Notebook

Maybe this is old. I came across it on accident looking for something else:

google.com/notebook/

[quote=“miltownkid”]Maybe this is old. I came across it on accident looking for something else:

google.com/notebook/[/quote]
It’s new as of May 15th. I’ll be looking closely at it…

It’s pretty cool. I’m using it for a research project at the moment and finding it very useful. When I first heard about it, I didn’t see much use for it at all. Maybe another case of Google anticipating our itch.

Or:

http://www.clipmarks.com/

It’s been around a while longer than Google Notebook,
and does pretty much the same job, I think, but you
don’t need to install anything.

[quote=“Infidel”]Or:

http://www.clipmarks.com/

It’s been around a while longer than Google Notebook,
and does pretty much the same job, I think, but you
don’t need to install anything.[/quote]
Yes, but the thing is with Google’s stuff is it integrates with all of Google’s other stuff, making it very useful. For instance, now when I do a Google search theres a link that says “note this” for quick noting of something. And you don’t need to install anything. It’s just a small firefox extention (if you want it.)

Clipmarks looks cool too though.

Yes, it truely seems to be a good idea to store your personal data, emails, calendar, financial, notes, etc…, on some server of a web company abroad. It will help me to find the right information about you… If you wanne buy a car - woops - I spam your mailbox with commercials. If you book a flight to a ‘terrorist country’ - woops - I make sure you get properly screened. If you get some money - woops - I make sure you pay the right taxes. And if I want to kick your ass, I will always have the right information to kick you right there where it hurts…

Blah blah blah blah. I don’t email anything worth anything. My calendar has little reminders for me that I don’t care about anyone seeing. I’m just not worried about that kind of stuff, but I do do my best to stay up-to-date on the going ons of things like that.

I’ve taking the time and energy to learn how to use a more secure OS (linux.) I’ve installed and used programs like GnuPG ( freenet.sourceforge.net/ .) I’ve also taken the time to be in top physical condition, enough so that I can garuntee it’d be your ass getting kicked regardless of what you knew about me.

And for someone so concerned about one’s privacy, you sure do post a lot of personal information (enough for someone to easily find out exactly who and where you are.)

And unless you’re encrypting every email you send… You seem to know enough about computers to finish that sentence.

Uuuh - somebody gets personally offended here.

Please be informed, that all of my statements were purely cynical and none of that ment to offend you or anybody else.

Just make sure that you always use the most secure OS and please, keep your physical condition!!

For people who have more than little reminders in their calendar or care about or have emails worth something,
I recommend a google search with “google+privacy”

Maybe. Your post did read “It will help me to find the right information about you” right under my post. I guess I could have read it wrong.

Call me informed.

[quote=“Shiner”]Just make sure that you always use the most secure OS and please, keep your physical condition!!

For people who have more than little reminders in their calendar or care about or have emails worth something,
I recommend a google search with “google+privacy”[/quote]
I recommend starting a thread about Google and privacy issues. I do think it’s a good topic, just not one that needs to be brought up in every post about something Google.

A good place to start (I think) is Google Watch.org ( google-watch.org/bigbro.html .) The bottom of the linked page has nine reason why Google was nominated for a/the Big Brother award in 2003.

I really don’t know what to do about privacy issues, save dissapearing to the mountains. It’s not like it’s only Google doing this. Google just puts in the lime light what’s being/going to be done with everyone’s information in every sector (of business, government, media, marketing, etc.)

Collecting of the information isn’t even the scariest part (I think.) Wait until “they” really figure out how to use it.

And that’s not even mentioning his special powers…

[quote=“irishstu”]And that’s not even mentioning his special powers…

[/quote]
SSSSHSSHSHHHHH!!! Those are a secret.

hmmm… new avatar?

[quote=“miltownkid”]SSSSHSSHSHHHHH!!! Those are a secret.

hmmm… new avatar?[/quote]

Sorry man, i forgot. Now he’s going to buy some of those green glowing rocks.

New avatar? PLEASE feel free. :slight_smile: