Google Purges The People's Cube Worldwide

One of my favorite sites has found dis-favour in the eyes of Googles new masters.

thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=637

This is really disturbing.

I searched and got 1.25 million hits in 0.06 secs. All new, recently established links, or is this a scam to drive up page hits, or something else?

But the website itself can’t be found by doing a Google search. I guess that’s what the fuss is all about?

Ahhhh… gotcha. Yep, if true, that’s amazingly foolish. Whatever happened to the “Don’t be evil” mantra at Google?

It was replaced by the capitalist mantra “Profit at all costs.”

It was boogled by a tyrantoolge and conspiring foolgles.

Here’s why he was removed, though apparently he still doesn’t want to accept it:
mattcutts.com/blog/seo-advic … -own-site/

This vistor’s comment on his own site sums it up nicely: "You broke the rules and you got caught. You were additionally stupid by calling them out in public over it. You can

[quote=“hypermegaglobal”]Here’s why he was removed, though apparently he still doesn’t want to accept it:
mattcutts.com/blog/seo-advic … -own-site/

This vistor’s comment on his own site sums it up nicely: "You broke the rules and you got caught. You were additionally stupid by calling them out in public over it. You can

Quite interesting the excuses being made to justify this censorship of a search engine by Google.
So much for freedom of the internet, eh?

From reading the replies, which are very informative, it appears that Matt Cutts works for Google. From his position he is able to offer insight into the whys and wherefores of the www.thepeoplecube.com being removed from the Google search engine. Albeit in a rather smug manner - something that appears SOP among the internet cognoscenti.

I admit to having no clue as to the tips & tricks used in website building or search engine placement techniques. Never had to be concerned about this - maybe in the future I will.
I hate spam. I dislike sites that use spam or progs that generate spam. I think that most of the users of the internet feel the same way.

The web site www.thepeoplescube.com is a web business site. Whoever did their website added the problems to their site and took the risk of violating Google.com SEO rules. They got caught. Now they are stirring the pot and using their removal(or suspension) to generate traffic flow to their site. Traffic flow which may or may not have been reduced by Googles removal action.
Looks like making lemonade out of lemons to me.

who got [color=red]OWNED[/color] ?

But then I’m an evil capitalist…heh heh heh. :wink:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Quite interesting the excuses being made to justify this censorship of a search engine by Google.
So much for freedom of the internet, eh? …

But then I’m an evil capitalist…heh heh heh. :wink:[/quote]

I’m confused. Do you think that this or any other private company has any responsibility to protect your internets’ freedoms, or are they responsible only to the market? Blaming a private enterprise for not giving you your freedoms sounds something other than capitalist.

Agree. Google’s a company. What do people expect?