Google Translate Pop-up Bubbles

Can also hide the bubble easily in the notifications swipe down at top of phone, and turn it back on using same. I also have a home screen Pleco Screen Reader icon for quick access to turn it on.

In Pleco app, go to Settings -> External Access -> Enable screen reader + OCR
You can also select “Transparent button” for less invasion and smoothly integration

My Google translate bubble is back.

1 Like

Is it working as before?
For me, previously the bubble was hidden and only showed up after I copied a text. Then I could either click on it for the translation or wait few seconds and it would be gone.
Now, I have to open the app first to get the bubble (which remains always on top), then go to copy the text, and click the bubble the get the translation.
Then, if leave the bubble translation screen, the bubble is gone. If I want another translation, I have to open the app again

My translation bubble is always on the screen. It asked me to give it permission to allow to be on top.

The “tap to translate” is always available on the drop-down shade screen with an option to show or hide “floating icon”.

Oh, OK.
The “always on top” feature is what I don’t like. Except if it can be transparent, such as the Pleco’s one, which is what I’m using now.
It was much better before, when the bubble would come up only when you’ve copied a text and disappear right after the translation. But it seems Google won’t be bringing this feature back…

1 Like

Yes, same. I loved that. I could just copy a message and it would pop up. I don’t use the translation enough to always have it in top so I turned it off. I’m back to copy paste into a different app.