GOP decides who is "Pro-American"

After Palin’s comments about visiting the “pro-American” areas of the country (i.e the red states), Rep. Bachmann calls for an “expose” (i.e. McCarthy-style witch hunt) on whether the people in Congress are pro-America or anti-America.
tw.youtube.com/watch?v=8bT01mC9xSA
So for the GOP patriotism is now defined by the place where you live or your political ideology.

I can’t imagine anything like that happening in the UK, the Conservative party would never suggest that Labour supporting areas or people with left-wing politics were somehow anti-British. But it seems for some Americans the very fact of being “liberal” is “anti-American.”
Time to claim your country back folks.

We did that quite some time ago…Revolutionary War…maybe you’ve heard about it. Perhaps not.

Now be a nice laddie and run back to Ol Blighty and deal with the Londonistan Cock-Up you’ve got on your delicate hands.

The “Pro-American” places that Palin’s been visiting are pretty white.
“Real” America Looks Different to Palin, Obama

We did that quite some time ago…Revolutionary War…maybe you’ve heard about it. Perhaps not.

Now be a nice laddie and run back to Ol Blighty and deal with the Londonistan Cock-Up you’ve got on your delicate hands.[/quote]

“American War of Independence” in blighty. And no more Londonistan unfortunately, Ken lost.

What did you think about Colin Powell endorsement of Obama? Wasn’t it a powerful moment when he mentioned that Muslim soldiers have also died for America, and that a Muslim should also be able to dream of becoming President.

Not something an old bigot would be able to get his head around though.

I like the response from the lady from the Nation. She kind of rants, but it’s good to see someone from the left fighting back.

Pro-American is pro-freedom. Perhaps we should see which politicians oppose abortion and gay rights, and label them as anti-American.

It’s all a matter of interpretation.