GOP: The party that loves traitors?

What I find a bit strange is that Lieberman goes up there to make a big deal of being a “Democrat”, and yet he’s been and independent candidate since 2006. Going back 4 years to Zell Miller’s ridiculous horseshit at the last GOP convention (essetially stating that a vote against any particular version of a budget bill meant a vote against every single thing inside that bill, a bit of logic that would entrap members of both major parties if applied fairly), and it appears that SOP for the GOP is to find some disgruntled guy and give him the keynote speaker slot. So now we have Lieberman saying how great he think McCain is going to do – and McCain after 5 years of the Iraq war still doesn’t even know the difference between the Shi’ites and Sunni muslims… Which makes me wonder: What kind of convention is based around having “Mister Nutty Sour Apples” be its main speaker? As a tactic does it really work? I suppose the Democrats could perhaps hire Rick Santorum to come over to their conventions at a bean-bag dunk tank booth.

“Traitors?”

What are you reading…Tom Sawyer or something?

Is it getting lonely under your bridge MFGR? Not even a nibble on this one? :laughing:

Nibble.

Americans are dumb (they elected Dubya TWICE), so yes, it appears to work.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Nibble.

Americans are dumb (they elected Dubya TWICE)
, so yes, it appears to work.[/quote]
So, people who disagree with your political beliefs are “dumb?”

How mature.

How mature.[/quote]

No, people who elect dimwitted fuckups twice are dumb. There are plenty of people who disagree with my political beliefs who are not dumb.

[quote=“Surly”][quote=“Dragonbones”]Nibble.

Americans are dumb (they elected Dubya TWICE)
, so yes, it appears to work.[/quote]

How mature.[/quote]

Tell that to a few EU citizens. This summer my cousins went traveling thru Europe and all they heard was how dumb Americans were having put Dubya back in office.

How mature.[/quote]

No, people who elect dimwitted fuckups twice are dumb. There are plenty of people who disagree with my political beliefs who are not dumb.[/quote]
Aha, so just those 48 million people…

I guess I need not look any longer for the epitome of sentience.

[quote]
Tell that to a few EU citizens. This summer my cousins went traveling thru Europe and all they heard was how dumb Americans were having put Dubya back in office.[/quote]
Uh-huh, and did they ask why Europe was allowing Russia to resume its former position atop Europe?

I am sorry. I made a mistake.

62 million people voted for Bush in 2004.
edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pa … president/

Surly, I’m just sitting under the bridge looking up at you standing on the rail, blubbering into much-used handkerchief. Here, let me help you; do you see this? ----------> .

Yes, it’s the world’s smallest violin, and it’s playing for all the Bush supporters.

[quote=“mofangongren”]Surly, I’m just sitting under the bridge looking up at you standing on the rail, blubbering into much-used handkerchief. Here, let me help you; do you see this? ----------> .

Yes, it’s the world’s smallest violin, and it’s playing for all the Bush supporters.[/quote]
Are there any left?

Those who say they’re of one party but support the issues and candidates of another are traitors to their party. They should switch parties and get it done with. I’m sick of DINOs and RINOs.

[quote=“Surly”][quote=“mofangongren”]Surly, I’m just sitting under the bridge looking up at you standing on the rail, blubbering into much-used handkerchief. Here, let me help you; do you see this? ----------> .

Yes, it’s the world’s smallest violin, and it’s playing for all the Bush supporters.[/quote]
Are there any left?[/quote]
Not many. Which makes McCain’s embrace of Bush policies he once opposed rather odd.

It’s politics, not baseball. I’m sure babe Ruth is STILL seen as a traitor in Boston. That was his day. But is Manny Ramirez a traitor for switching to LA? No.

What is this, 1776? :laughing:

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“Surly”][quote=“mofangongren”]Surly, I’m just sitting under the bridge looking up at you standing on the rail, blubbering into much-used handkerchief. Here, let me help you; do you see this? ----------> .

Are there any left?[/quote]
Not many. Which makes McCain’s embrace of Bush policies he once opposed rather odd.[/quote]
Different situations give one new perspectives.

Bush needed the RR to get elected. But did he do all that much for them? Not really.

McCain needs to get elected. So does Obama for that matter. The “What was I thinking?!?” bus tour will surely follow either man’s victory.

Actually, in order for the GOP to pretend that it is a “big tent” organization, they pretty much have to get lapsed-Democrats to come over and talk. Because of the white-sheet branch of the GOP, if Al Sharpton were to walk in their convention he’d probably not come out alive. Same for many of the other groups that the Republican party has made it their business to peddle hate against.

Actually, in order for the GOP to pretend that it is a “big tent” organization, they pretty much have to get lapsed-Democrats to come over and talk. Because of the white-sheet branch of the GOP, if Al Sharpton were to walk in their convention he’d probably not come out alive. Same for many of the other groups that the Republican party has made it their business to peddle hate against.

Two words:

Tawana Brawley.

Speaking of hate mongers… :unamused:

Pick a better puppet for your show, will ya. :laughing:

Oh, you’re right… if Al Sharpton and Tawana Brawley both walked into the GOP convention, I bet their chance of survival wouldn’t really increase.