GOP Using Supposed Terror Cases to Fearmonger?

This case is an absolutely ridiculous and shameless bit of fearmongering by the GOP. 7 losers caught in a warehouse with no weapons and no plan are reported by Alberto Gonzalez as preparing to wage a “full ground war” against the U.S.

7 guys going to wage a “full ground war”? How do they seriously try to say this stuff?

Nice video clip of this here.

No wonder the Bush administration has no credibility left.

Well, it’s all fun and games until someone shoots the President.

I didn’t think I was a news snob, but getting something from the Jon Stewart show???

jdsniffs :sunglasses:

I deny any involvement. :raspberry:

Jdsmith – You don’t like the messenger or the message?

Alberto Gonzales went out there talking up this case like it was some sort of decisive stroke against Al Qaeda, and it turned out to be seven losers with no clue, no plan, no weapons, no contact with Al Qaeda. Gonzales using the word “full ground war” seems consistent with the fearmongering that the Bush adminstration has become so good at, though. Was Jon Stewart’s presentation of this asinine situation inaccurate in any way?

Perhaps I am confusing you with another, but, aren’t you the one who chides fred for citing the Washington Post… something about Moonies?

:smiley:

It would have to be the messenger, as I don’t have quicken or flash or whatever it takes to see this vid.

Isn’t The Daily Show a comedy show though?

Either way, I will grant that it is an exaggeration that the guys were lauching an “all out ground war” or some such thing. Just goes to show that neither side of the aisle has a lock on stupidity.

Is there another link to this story somewhere?

Perhaps I am confusing you with another, but, aren’t you the one who chides fred for citing the Washington Post… something about Moonies?

:smiley:[/quote]

Does Fred cite the Washington Post?

:smiley:[/quote]

Does Fred cite the Washington Post?[/quote]

Maybe its the Times… I really do not recall. But, aren’t you frequently chiding him for citing some newspaper? I mean, I could be confusing you with another… it just seems ridiculous to see you complain about an attack on the messenger, when, unless I am mistaken, you frequently attack the messenger cited by fred.

If I am correct and it is you who frequently attacks the messenger as cited by fred, then I’m sure you will agree that your complaint now is a fine example of hypocrisy, on the part of your goodself.

Righto, old boy. Thanks for playing… :sunglasses:

[quote=“Tigerman”]Maybe its the Times… I really do not recall. But, aren’t you frequently chiding him for citing some newspaper? I mean, I could be confusing you with another… it just seems ridiculous to see you complain about an attack on the messenger, when, unless I am mistaken, you frequently attack the messenger cited by fred.

If I am correct and it is you who frequently attacks the messenger as cited by fred, then I’m sure you will agree that your complaint now is a fine example of hypocrisy, on the part of your goodself.

Righto, old boy. Thanks for playing… :sunglasses:[/quote]

You don’t want to talk about Bush’s fearmongering, do you … there, there … perhaps we can find a different discussion thread that would be suitable. Maybe we can create an “everything Bush does is perfect” thread for you. Otherwise, if you can’t stand the heat, best for you to stay out of the kitchen. :wink:

If you do have something to offer up on this latest wacky case, then please let me know. As it stands, Gonzales looks like idiot trying to play these 7 losers up as a real threat.

Well, I don’t see much in the way of “fearmongering”… so, I would rather discuss your hypocrisy. :smiley:

Well, I don’t see much in the way of “fearmongering”… so, I would rather discuss your hypocrisy. :smiley:[/quote]

I think the Bush administration’s pathetic attempt to claim these 7 losers as a big victory has left you speechless to defend them. However, your verbal paralysis is interesting to watch. Thanks for playing!