Gordon Ramsay sparks fury by shooting goat on his new TV show

Why aren’t we cannibals? No need to raise and kill animals.

Some people are.

1 Like

Warlord Cannibals of Liberia
I’ll never forget this documentary

But i suspect humans have evolved to not want to usually because of the diseases involved when eating other people. Human to human transmissions are a real issue with this being a thing out side of just the ethnics of it.

1 Like

Well done,Gordon. Shooting pest animals (they’re not wild in the sense of natural in NZ at all). and then eating it so that there is less need to eat other farmed meats. Awesome: sustainable and environmental at the same time.

1 Like

Publicity is like shooting fish in a barrel these days. Or goats. I recall Jamie Oliver pulling a similar stunt releasing footage of him cutting a lamb’s throat before one of his cookery series.

I’m not a big fan of goat. It’s OK in a curry, but otherwise it’s a bit too gamey for my taste.

2 Likes

Goats are a lot like rabbits and deer - they’re cute and all, but they really are incredibly destructive, especially if they’re allowed to breed to excess. A bit of culling for BBQ purposes keeps nature ticking along nicely.

2 Likes

Yeah, the only time I eat goat is in curry as well. Not a huge fan any other way. Also Mongolian food is another way i enjoy goat.

1 Like

Goat’s head? I hear the eyes are the delicacy.

EDIT: my mistake. That’s sheep’s head.

OMG! Do you have any other fun party tricks?

They have stews and Curry like dishes as well. Not bad. Strong on a lot of flavors so it covers the heavy mutton meat flavors.

Ramsay have double standards years ago him was complaining about shark soup in taiwan
https://youtu.be/VESaWTRbGHc

I’ve had it many times growing up when my parents took me dinners with other business executives. It doesn’t taste bad or anything. But even if it wasn’t made from shark fin in that barbaric way, I wouldn’t choose to eat it as a meal myself.

I like shark. It feels like not quite meat and not quite fish. Kind of in the middle somewhere.

It also feels cool to eat something that could potentially eat you.

IMG_20170801_154627

Goat satay is where it’s at

2 Likes

Shark meat is tasty, love it. But I don’t understand shark fin, its tasteless. It tastes like vermicelli. Which you can have at 1% (or less) of the price of shark fin.

That looks yummy!

The problem there is that the shark is hunted for the fin…only for the fin. The rest goes back into the ocean to die a long painful death. A useless death as most shark soup served -over 80 percent of I recall correctly- in Taiwan is actually tofu. Only the same idiots in China who eat tiger penis and rhino horn do get the real stuff…Maybe.

1 Like

I actually heard shark fin soup is actually more of a thing in Taiwan vs China. I can’t confirm it for sure. I also heard it’s illegal in China?

Not to the « right» people.