So they are employing my worthless ass, but the kicker is that we are to have an induction discussion tomorrow at work. I want to present to you the dishes up for grabs and see if you have any points you’d like me to slide in to what is most likely to be a dull affair.
For discussion tomorrow…
- Grammar is the most important basis upon which to teach the structure of a language and to build upon - the rest will fall into place.
- Learning vocabulary is more important that studying grammar.
- Having students complete grammar fill exercises is a waste of time.
- Students find drilling to be an embarrassing activity.
- Striving for perfect student pronunciation is a waste of time.
- Teachers should tell students where the stress patterns are in a word.
- Correcting errors undermines confidence.
- Teachers should never use language that a student will not understand.
- Teachers should never deviate from their leson plan.
- Learning an expression is better than learning individual words.
Well, some dumb old questions there boy howdy.