GoShare electric scooter share

Nice!
This can be useful for other apps as well!

GoShare is now available in New Taipei City!

For those who get “It is not available in your country” in Play Store the apk to manually install.

edit: removed old share link

1 Like

I just registered for this. My ARC needed verification through the chat as others have mentioned, it only took a few minutes, no problem.
Now to my question.
The FAQs are only in Chinese, so perhaps one of you could clarify, about the map on the app: there is a kind of greyed zone outside of central Taipei… are you permitted to ride there? Hopefully there’s no “kill switch” activated by straying out, or penalty fee? I’m just thinking of taking a trip up to the mountains for a few hours.

You are allowed to drive out. The area is just where you have to leave the scooter after you are done.
If you run out of battery outside of it then you will need to pay a collection fee.

anyone else can chime in on doing this? i rode up some mountains in beitou and the bike stopped working. it took like 30 mins of messin around to get it running again. kind of scared to try it again.

Check out the GoShare in app FAQ.

Here is the translation from WeMo website FAQ:

WeMo’s operating scope

Please refer to the official announcement and WeMo APP map display for the operating range (the gray masked area is not open). You can ride outside the operating range, but please pay attention to the battery and ride back to the range before returning the car.
During the operation period, we will gradually expand the scope of operation in a planned way. Stay tuned and continue to pay attention to the official fan page announcement.

Can I ride out of the operating range?
You can ride outside the operating range (the gray masked area on the WeMo APP map), but please evaluate the power of the motorcycle. You must ride back within the range before returning the car through the APP . (To return the car outside the border, you need to enter the customer service line, and the dispatching processing fee will be charged)

*Operation scope: The map in WeMo APP mainly displays bright areas, and the gray mask area is not open.

How much is the dispatch processing fee and service fee?

1. Dispatch processing fee: Refers to the processing fee incurred when the vehicle is returned outside the bounds or when the vehicle still needs to be towed back by WeMo, calculated based on the dispatch distance. (The cost ranges from NT$500 to NT$2000)
  2. Service fee: Refers to the handling fee incurred when a person needs to be sent to deal with the vehicle if the usage regulations are violated. (The fee starts at NT$300)

*The project is handled according to the event announcement

4 Likes

Top 4 most frequently asked questions when use Go Share

1 機車電源打不開 the scooter cannot be turned on
Reason 1: The seat cushion of the motorcycle is not properly closed
Reason 2: When replacing batteries, put the batteries of other scooters into your scooter

2. 電源面版上顯示著橘色的標誌 An orange logo is displayed on the power pane
This orange logo is actually the tire pressure management system. This sign will appear when the tire pressure air is over saturated or the tire pressure air is too low. Because gogoro service personnel check gogoro scooters every day, it is not a big problem if this sign appears

3. 機車騎到沒電了! the scooter ran out of power
If there is a situation that requires assistance to replace the battery, gogoro will need to charge a fee of NTD $3,000 , Please pay special attention to change the battery whenever you see the charging station

4. 更換電池時,椅墊突然關起來 When replacing the battery, the Seat Cushion suddenly closed
This problem often occurs when is very windy , you can hold the seat cushion by pressing and holding the key.

Source:

4 Likes

So, for those of us who haven’t yet bothered to get a local motorcycle license, are there options for taking that test if you don’t actually have your own motorcycle? I’ve taken and passed the tests for a car driver’s license in Taiwan, and for the actual driving portion they provided the cars. Do you have to BYO scooter, or will the DMV or whatever it’s called provide one for the driving skills test?

There are other threads that talk about this. But you can either bring your own scooter or most of the DMVs have one you can rent for around 25ntd. If you bring your own just make sure it’s a white plate scooter.

I assume you could also do a battery exchange at a Gogoro station outside of the zone? (Provided you can find one, of course)

There was plenty of power actually. It was not very far out.

I asked in their support chat, they informed:

Actual rentable, returnable location, please follow the app map to show the bright white area within the blue frame line.

I’d like to explain to you that the current service range includes Taipei City, New North City and Taoyuan City.with the Tainan area.

And remind you that you can ride GoShare to explore other cities, but the cost will continue to be calculated until the end.You will return it to the operating area.

You can ride in a gray area, but the returned vehicle can only be returned in a white area

2 Likes

Wow that sounds like auto translated. Still, helpful.

New update brings GoShare Select.

For those who get “It is not available in your country” in Google Play Store the APK to manually install:

edit: removed old share link

1 Like
2 Likes

Two things:

1. The Gogoro 3 has been added into the rental mix in Taoyuan (I just used one). That’s in addition to the Gogoro 2s and Vivas out there.

2. Question: Have any of you found a premium in the seat compartment? They’re a marketing device to increase ridership. Yesterday I got my third, a new water bottle. Previously I got a reusable shopping bag and a coupon for a free ride.

I assume when the workers do maintenance/replace batteries is when they’re placing the premiums. Anyway, it’s been a nice surprise each time.

2 Likes

Are you sure they are premiums and you are not taking other people’s property? :ponder:

I’ve seen the 3s in Taipei City as well! Haven’t encountered any of the premiums yet, that’s pretty cool though. I’m usually renting later in the day though, maybe if I rented first thing in the morning I’d see them.

:joy: With the first one I did wonder if someone had left it by accident, but the GoShare logo and card with it made it obvious it was a gift to the renter.

1 Like