Got a Little Issue

More than 2 months ago. Within an hour of arriving in Kaohsiung from the US, I got my medical check up done at the hospital in downtown Kaohsiung. Afterwards my employer got all my documents ready and then sent them out to the government. I think she sent him all out about 3 weeks after I got my medical done and arrived in Taiwan, I felt very safe knowing that I was gonna to get my ARC on time with no problems. Then she gets a call and tells me the government doesn’t recognize the medical check because apparently it was not at the right hospital (the main hospital WTF). So then a day later she drove me out to the sticks of north Kaohsiung to some army hospital and got my medical check done there, then she had the med check results sent to the government all about two weeks before my visa expired.

Well apparently I got my work permit-two days after my visa expired. Now I have to go to fucking Hong Kong to get a visa extension. Will I still be able to get an extension seeing as how I’m already over? The documentation they ask for is very confusing and I’m skeptical that I’m going to get an extension seeing as how I’ve dealt with so much BS so far. What’s other peoples experience with this?

I don’t how this happens, I mean started working here literally right after I got off the plane. I hate Taiwan.

[quote=“James651”]More than 2 months ago. Within an hour of arriving in Kaohsiung from the US, I got my medical check up done at the hospital in downtown Kaohsiung. Afterwards my employer got all my documents ready and then sent them out to the government. I think she sent him all out about 3 weeks after I got my medical done and arrived in Taiwan, I felt very safe knowing that I was gonna to get my ARC on time with no problems. Then she gets a call and tells me the government doesn’t recognize the medical check because apparently it was not at the right hospital (the main hospital WTF). So then a day later she drove me out to the sticks of north Kaohsiung to some army hospital and got my medical check done there, then she had the med check results sent to the government all about two weeks before my visa expired.

Well apparently I got my work permit-two days after my visa expired. Now I have to go to f***ing Hong Kong to get a visa extension. Will I still be able to get an extension seeing as how I’m already over? The documentation they ask for is very confusing and I’m skeptical that I’m going to get an extension seeing as how I’ve dealt with so much BS so far. What’s other peoples experience with this?

I don’t how this happens, I mean started working here literally right after I got off the plane. I hate Taiwan.[/quote]

This part is odd. You will not get an extension in HK. You will get a visa. Extensions are done in Taiwan. But if you went over the date on your extendable visitor’s visa in TW before you tried to get in extended, then tough shit, you have to leave. :s

Was your visa an extendable visa? Or just a 30 visa? Either way, it could have been extended…in Taiwan…

Looks like you have to make a visa run. It’s not the end of the world; lots of people do them. :rainbow:

good luck
jds

If you’ve overstayed your visa (which it sounds like you did,) you indeed have to make a visa run.

I got screwed a bit worse by my first job, where the boss strung me along with promises of an ARC. “Um, yeah, the permits will be coming down any day now.”

Depending on how things stand with your boss, I’d try to get her to pay for part of your visa run. It was her fault that she didn’t bring you to the right hospital. And even after she figured out that mistake, she let you overstay your visa (it probably would have been possible to get an extension in Taiwan before it expired.)

At the very least, she should be paying for your overstay fee.