Got a work visa, but have to return to help my sick dad... do I HAVE to get an ARC?

I’ve had a bit of a problem getting my work visa, and I finally got it yesterday. However, today my family called to tell me if I need to return home because the doctors discovered that my dad has a spinal tumor and I want to spend time with him.

Do I absolutely still have to apply for the ARC even if I am planning on staying now? I want to leave within the month.

Also, do I have to pay more taxes on the income I earned here since I will not be here for more than 183 days? My total income will have been less than 90,000NT

Visa or work permit?

However, today my family called to tell me if I need to return home because the doctors discovered that my dad has a spinal tumor and I want to spend time with him.

Are you already officially an employee? If so, you probably qualify for family care leave under the Act for Gender Equality in Employment, but you need to talk to your employer.

Do I absolutely still have to apply for the ARC even if I am planning on staying now? I want to leave within the month.

If your work permit has already been issued, you can apply for it now. How soon do you need to leave?

Also, do I have to pay more taxes on the income I earned here since I will not be here for more than 183 days? My total income will have been less than 90,000NT

How long will you be away? It’s only March, so you should still be able to reach 183 days this year and get a tax refund next year. In the meantime, your employer will decide (at its discretion) whether or not to give you the resident tax rate.

I have a work permit and will be applying for the ARC today. But I will leave within 4 weeks to go home, and will unfortunately not be coming back because my family needs help with Dad during his recovery, and I will get a full time job back home.

Oh, I see. Has your employer approved your resignation?

I suppose you don’t need an ARC unless your visa or visa-free entry period will expire before your departure. If in doubt, ask the NIA.

You will get or you will look for?