Got Married in Taiwan, so I can't get Taiwan Visa!?

Don’t feel embarrassed about it mate. We’ve all been through the same ludicrous procedure.

You’ll get it sorted. Eventually. It’s kind of a rite of passage.

1 Like

Welcome to beaurocracy. It wont get any easier. The wonderful part about Taiwan though, it wont get any harder either.

Seems just need to play the mail game. Im from one line above you. They fugged me right good and was going to be sent out due to one paper being wrong. One of tye few times have actually yelled at anyone, thisntime household registration, for messing up my paperwork they made it right in all the wrong ways and bought me time to get the mail sent through and figured out.

Being american you have a double wait game problem as they can sometimes be a pain to. But as ive experienced as long as you have that certifixate procing youre not already married, criminal record check and the other more easily obtainable pieces of paper, its relatively easy. But different NIA offices have different ideas on what the laws are. So be firm and push if you are sure about something.

Its all a fun story in the end. But most of us drink a lot in the end…

Best of luck! Be thankful though, taiwan is actually quite easy and fair in comparison to the region.

1 Like

For the time being you could get a regular visa and then head back to Taiwan. Once all the paperwork is done, just head over to the NIA and apply for the ARC. Two weeks later when you have it in your possession, the visa doesn’t matter anymore. That’s how I did it - just had to show HHR change and passport scan to get a visa in Japan. The rest of the paperwork was in Taiwan.

make sure your health certificate and criminal records are not more than 3 months old.