Got TESOL but no bachelors

Hi,

I have a APRC(got it in 2003) and a open work permit but I’m not sure if I can legally teach.
I just finish my TESOL this month and is currently teaching in a cram school

I hope somebody here can help me out on this question.

Thanks.

BA degrees are required for those of us poor schmucks who are not married or have not yet qualified for APRC. If you have an open work permit, my understanding is you can do whatever an employer is willing to hire you to do. Legally, you’re fine.

You have a open work permit?
You just finish TESOL?
You is teaching?
Ouch, man.
Very ouch.

:smiley:

Ha.

Are you guys sure? I don’t want to loose my APRC and get kicked out for teaching illegally.

Attack APRCs are the best kind.

Don’t worry about it, all they’re really looking for is a performing monkey.

mmmmmmmm…bananas. :homer:

[quote=“Toasty”]BA degrees are required for those of us poor schmucks who are not married or have not yet qualified for APRC. If you have an open work permit, my understanding is you can do whatever an employer is willing to hire you to do. Legally, you’re fine.[/quote]Okay. I don’t mean to ask a dumb question, but what is an APRC? And if a person like me who wants to come to Taiwan to teach (with no degree) can get one, how would I qualify for the APRC or open work permit?[quote=“josefus”]You have a open work permit?
You just finish TESOL?
You is teaching?
Ouch, man.
Very ouch.[/quote]Why do you say that?

THAT is funny, but it takes a second read to get it. Smartypants. :bravo:

[quote=“Alias1983”][quote=“Toasty”]BA degrees are required for those of us poor schmucks who are not married or have not yet qualified for APRC. If you have an open work permit, my understanding is you can do whatever an employer is willing to hire you to do. Legally, you’re fine.[/quote]Okay. I don’t mean to ask a dumb question, but what is an APRC? And if a person like me who wants to come to Taiwan to teach (with no degree) can get one, how would I qualify for the APRC or open work permit?[/quote]You can’t.

To get an APRC, you need to have been working here for seven consecutive years, or married to a Taiwanese citizen for five years.

[quote=“Alias1983”][quote=“josefus”]You have a open work permit?
You just finish TESOL?
You is teaching?
Ouch, man.
Very ouch.[/quote]Why do you say that?[/quote]

Why did I say that?
Because in those three sentences you made three major English mistakes.
If you can’t see them, you shouldn’t be teaching anyone English.

[quote=“Josefus”][quote=“Alias1983”][quote=“josefus”]You have a open work permit?
You just finish TESOL?
You is teaching?
Ouch, man.
Very ouch.[/quote]Why do you say that?[/quote]

Why did I say that?
Because in those three sentences you made three major English mistakes.
If you can’t see them, you shouldn’t be teaching anyone English.[/quote]

Erm, Alias 1983 didn’t make those errors… :blush:

Erm, right you are. :blush:
But, Alias1983 does want to come here to teach without a degree, and if he can’t see the errors…