Don’t take vitamin C if you have gout.
Uric Acid disolves 10,000 times more readily in urine ph of 6 than 5. If you take vitamin C you will be making your urine more acidic and hence increasing the risk of having uric acid stones or crystals forming in your kidneys.
Beer increases your uric acid production, however, research has shown that wine doesn’t necessarily increase uric acid production. Clear spirts don’t produce as much as beer but more than wine. Wine, however, can dehydrate you which is bad for your kidneys and the prospect of stones.
You need to take medication to rid your body of the uric acid build up and in some cases to prevent your body from producing so much uric acid.
If you are overweight then your body will produce more uric acid and you will have more tissue to store uric acid in. If you try to lose weight too quickly you will be at risk of having a gout attack.
I too am one of its unfortunate victims.