Government Stimulus Money for your Business

I’ve been told that there has been a lot of government stimulus money being handed out for small and medium sized companies here in Taiwan, and I wanted to know if anyone has any leads on how to access this money.

I’ve heard that the departments that have received the majority of the money are the Executive Yuan, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Transportation and Communication, National Science Council, Council of Agriculture, Council of Labor Affairs, and Deapartment of Health.

Does anyone know of a consultant that can apply for this government stimulus money on behalf of a foreign entrepreneur?

The only thing I’ve seen is what my friend wrote on her blog
thefairycafe.com/blog/2009/07/16 … usinesses/
But it only applies if you have local employees

That’s pretty much everyone except the Department of Funny Walks.

I’ve just been awarded a small grant under one of these schemes. (Deadline for applicants is passed.) No consultant required and the first point of contact was a university business incubator. There’s a list of these on the web somewhere, or you could just call for preferred institution and ask if they have one. Most do. They should be able to put you in touch with people who can help.

There are consultants out there who work on commission, which is nice.

The SME centre of the European Chamber of Commerce had a seminar on this issue a while back. You could try contacting them, but you’ll be expected to stump up the NT$9,999 membership. sme-centre.ecct.com.tw/